1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: how to get Milage Diplay?

Hey, please refer to page 29 and 30 of your owners manual. There are 2 stalks, 1 on each side of your steering. Right one for wiper control and left for controlling the lights.

On the right stalk, you'll see a trip button.
    [attachment=0:nndjg0zz]Wiper stalk with trip button.jpg[/attachment:nndjg0zz]

Tap it once to change the display on the trip meter. Do this repeatedly until you see the desired display figures.

Wiper stalk with trip button.jpg
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Kerb Weight which information is correct ?

@Bhai- I believe 1130Kg is correct.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

AFAIK there has been a reduction in the weight from sometime mid 2010.
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

The engine is identical in both.

The reason for different kerb weights is what is considered the kerb weight. It used to be in most places at one time with minimum fuel and with a full tank. Now in many places the also add driver weight and possibly 20kg as they assume that no one is driving their cars remote controlled.

during the production cycle the car does change and sometimes it adds on weight that can be anything up to about 10% of the weight.
  6. Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

Hope your problem has been resolved. Till date Fiat/Tata haven't learnt their lesson and service continues to be the weakest point. I wonder why does it take them so many days to diagnose this problem which a road side mechanic will do in half the time.
  7. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

Got it sorted at wasan kandivali. They did a very good job.
  8. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai

Hey Harish,
    Sounds like you are really lucky.
    There is a whistling noise from my brakes on slow braking.
    Started within 1 month of purchase of the jet.
    Wasan kandivli kept the car for 2 days after which they sent an sms saying car is ready.
    Before picking up the car I took a trial drive with their "quality expert"...a boy which my local mechanic would employ as assistant.
    I demonstrated and he confirmed that the noise though reduced was very much there.
    The floor manager did not even face me. I was told that the Fiat plant team would be called.
    2 weeks and no news yet. The car is with me and the noise is still there though occasionally.

I have owned maruti,hyundai and honda cars earlier and this is a nightmare in tearms of ASS for me.

Everyone at home has smirks on their faces which say "We told you not to touch Fiat"
  9. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai

Don't know if it was just luck or it was too easy a problem to fix.

On the brake sound, is it a metal squeak or a whistle? My Tjet also has that from about 2 weeks after purchase. There is an audible squeak when car comes to a full halt.
  10. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai

It's a whistling noise and that too only on slow braking like in bumper to bumper traffic. If I jam the brakes hard it doesn't come. After whatever the guys @ Wasan tried it has reduced drastically but is still very much there>
    My local mechanic and another friend who knows cars says it's a disc problem which comes in old cars with disc brakes and requires lathe buffing of the disc.
    but in a brand new car it should just be replaced.
    the guys at Wasan claim they haven't been able to figure out which brake it is coming from!!!

Fiat india helpline website keeps directing the complaint back to wasan, kandivli.

man, I'm really stuck.