1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Linea boot not opening with key

:eek: Need to test my car too, even i never tried with the keys
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sorry, its a bit confusing for me.
    Linea's boot (equipped with electronically controlled lock) can be opened from the button on the keyfob (foldable key) as well as the button on the dashboard.
    Besides this, there is a provision to open the boot by inserting the key in the physical lock.

What do you mean by "spare"? Isn't the spare key in Linea a normal key as in the case of Punto? In Punto, one gets only a single foldable key. The other spare key is a normal key like that of regular cars.

The boot can be opened from the button on the dashboard but not from the key. I think you need to get your keyfob checked in that case. ::pP
  3. Re: Linea boot not opening with key

I think he meant, he is unable to open the boot with neither the foldable key nor the spare 'normal' key.
  4. geeash

geeash

Chennai

mate it was the same for me too the first time. it is not that it is not opening. the lever system might be hard because of the disuse.

it tried with little more force in clockwise direction and it opened. so dont worry . try again it will open
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Yes. Apply some force the 1st time & it should open.

Last when I checked, it was opening with my key without remote, without dashboard button, just by inserting the key.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

i will try more harder now. believe me i tried turning the key with lot of force. then i thought the remote will break off so i backed off.

might be lever has got stuck inside. if it doesnt open i will ask to rectify it in 1st servicing which is due this week.

also my front driver sides cabin light has blown off.
  7. Re: Linea boot not opening with key

I think you have to move the key in anti-clockwise direction, i.e. 12->9, facing the boot.

Don't take a chance, I would suggest. I had the same issue (seems this is a common one though) and asked the SE to open the boot in front of me. He couldn't and got it rectified the next day when I went to pick te car. It opens fine now, without much force.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

guys this is not a issue...i was facing this problem..but its not a problem..insert the key and apply pressure softly(insert a lil bit more) and then turn left..m again mentioning softly...dont be ruff with the key...
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

today i observed carefully whats the issue and i found the problem.
    the problem is that the striker is not aligned properly.
    the mechanism in which the lever that pushes the lock open gets stuck in the slot that it operates when the boot is closed.

when the boot is open and i insert the key and turn it it smoothly opens.

i found this issue quickly as i had done a DIY boot release on my other car. it dint remote boot open. so i knew not aligning the striker properly causes this problem.

now i am relieved as its not a lock problem
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Guys I have already posted this in my htread, but thought it would be more usefull for people searchin on this topic.

The TOP FE with the JET ever @ 19.4 KMPL

The FE was achieved today. All city driving, 9am Mornign Work Traffic and This FE. Imagine, if the roads were empty what would have been the FE.

I am just loving the Jet, it surprises me every other day with something or the other.

IMG_0103copy.jpg

The smiley section doesnt have an emoticon for a standing ovation and a bow down but I sure am :clap :clapping