1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

Nothing to do with the new AC kits. It could well be a loose fitting of pipes or some clips gave way. It happens in all cars and has happened in my old SX4 as well.

Nothing to worry about. Its a simple job at the TASS.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

i dont think its anything related to new kits.

a simple carelessness in workmanship while fitting the AC lines in the factory can lead to this. a minute leak in seals ( there are around 6) can cause gas leakage.

this needs to be fixed immediately. if not this can damage the compressor too.

my take is that this should not happen on a new car. fiat should carry out 100% leak tests properly.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Those who have gone through my AC upgrade report whould know that i faced similar issue of AC gas leak once the upgrade was completed, which could not get detected, finally stuffs from second kit was used. Not to say, that i also got a leaking radiator too on the name of NEW AC KIT. :(

I am not saying that NEW AC UNITS are faulty, I am just raising concern since i experienced very poor quality issues with the new ac kit(S )- Upgrade in my car was completed after going though 4 kits
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

while changing the AC kits are they putting in brand new seals? there is one golden rule which even road side AC wala follows but these idiot TASS/MASS dont follow. i.e. everytime the AC pipe is removed put in a brand new seal.

MASS dint put it while servicing my AC and gas leaked 3 times. i screwed them left and right and bought seals from outside and ask them to fit. after that there was no issue at all.
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai

Initial analysis seems to be pointing at gas leak. More than the actual issue am getting annoyed at the workshop. The car is just sitting in one place until I chase someone. All they had to do was spend few minutes and tell me if it can be fixed today or will take a longer time. It's been almost 2 hours since I got here and nothing has moved.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: A/C not working for Punto 1.3 MJD - 600km

Hi Sdeepu, check this thread. This (gas leak) might be the cause:
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1886
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: Blurred vision while using wiper at night during rain

Yes this is a good solution and I have an experience which happened some 12 years back to share.
    I was in Bangalore at that time and had to catch a train leaving around 9:00pm. I got into an auto from Ulsoor and was on the way to Majestic when it suddenly started to pour. This auto had no wipers and visibility was getting dangerously low. The auto driver stopped underneath a tree, took out a cigarette from his pocket and used that to wipe the windshield. I was like ::OO
    Then he got back in and drove and I could see the visibility had improved dramatically and we could see even without the wipers. :cool
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Jugaad!! How fantastic!
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Just one last confirmation from Bhai...Do I need to wet it for applying..like I was planning to take out tobacco from cigarette and apply it..So will I be applying it dry or wet.?
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Yes ! Pour some water on windshield. & then rub tobacco on windshield.
    Before applying tobacco,rub the tobacco on your hand also.