1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Re: KMs done on delivery???

Guys
    Can the Odo be reset in case of Punto ? Are the digital km reading and speedometer reading related via one system ?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Marvin- A FIAT car is shipped from the factory with a temporary odo displaying a "H" as a prefix to the odo reading. This temporary odo stays till a max of 200Km.
    You can reset the odo manually within these 200Kms and the H will disappear and odo will come to zero. Now, you can never reset it again and the permanent odometer count starts.

If you do not reset the "H" then the "H" disappears automatically as soon as the car completes 200Km but this time, odo does not resets to zero. Odo reading stays at 200Km only.

Hope this explains.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

My car had 25km at PDI and 44km on delivery.
  4. MURTHY

MURTHY

Bangalore
    Tjet Mileage

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the mileage I've got so far on my Tjet Plus is 9km per liter with A/c on always in Bangalore City Traffic.

Murthy
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Tjet Mileage

Hey Murthy, theres alreadya thread regarding this. You will be very surprised after seeing this.
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1210&start=20

I generally get around 14 in city with moderate traffic, with heavy traffic it drops to 11-12. The max ive got is 17 in City and 17.5 in a mix of city and Highways.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please search before opening new thread.
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

i think the t-jet mileage is highly debatable topic ;-)
    the best i have got is close to 14 on my first trip when it was less than 1000 kms.. i did not cross 80.

a sedate city driving - i mean not crossing 2000 rpm and inbetween 60-65 kmph.. i have got about 12-13.
    a little spirited driving it reduces to 9-11. if too much b2b then 9 to 9.5.. otherwise around 11.

on highways - spirited driving gives me 11.

so i guess it is based on how we drive. i have never got it to cross 14. so maybe i am intoxicated by the spirit !!!!!
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

You are absolutely right Tjetdriver.

It actually pains me how I need to drive to get that 17 kmpl FE. The Jet actually forces you to use all its power. But I guess, for the FE, sometimes we can behave like good boys. :up ::V
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

I am getting around 12+ for the first 700 KM. Full load and 1500-2000 RPM and 80 KPH. One or two times I did hit 120+ when Maruti cars were teasing the JET :D. I have kept speed buzzer at 80 KPH. This is a calculation speed done with 5th gear and 1.5 - 2K RPM :)

I have kept the display on Instant consumption and was continuously monitoring how it changed depending on my driving style. It is very good to monitor IC and change our style. Only during acceleration and between 1.5K - 2K RPM the consumption drops below 10 KMPL. Once car achieves momentum the IC quickly shows above 20 KMPL. Below 1K RPM the IC shows below 5 KMPL pretty bad and this is mainly due to stop and start.

1. When you see humps just stop acceleration
    2. Do not hard press the pedal, the power is awesome and a gentle push moves the car like a locomotive
    3. Always try to be in 4th or 5th in highways and maintain 1.5K to 2K RPM

Jet is economical as well powerful. Use the power when you need.

The power of the T-JET reminds me the 1998 RX-135 RAW Power, I still own this one.
    1 person likes this.
  10. MURTHY

MURTHY

Bangalore

Hi,

Can you educate me on how to use the instant consumption function.
    Thanks
    Murthy