1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: KMs done on delivery???

mine is 3km. with the H symbol still there.
    took it directly from the yard.
    and later took the car to the showroom and got the paperwork done
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: KMs done on delivery???

My JET has done 34 KMS and it is at yard, today it is going for registration, expect some additional 30 KMS. By the way, I could not notice any H. Do i need to press any button to see that ?

Even if H is not there the 34 KM run is due to Nelamangala to Whitefield drive my Jet had.

By the way, the OIL Cover was missing for all of the new FIAT vehicles at the YARD, what is the good reason behind this ;)

Thanks
    Vasu
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Urgent Linea MJD Owners

Due to low ground clearance one should be careful driving in pot holes and speed breakers.In city driving roads may be ok leveled but driving in remote places can be risky if care not taken.Although the under body metal shield is quite strong but a hard hit at a good speed can be risky and risk can increase if there is load in the car.care should be taken
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

When one looks at the Punto/ Linea, the GC seems to be pretty decent. But IMO it is the softness of the suspension which otherwise contributes to the brilliant ride and the longer wheel base combination that make the car pitch and yaw when you brake for a pothole. It is a great car, but needs understanding of its dynamics as to how to take it to the limit, be it speed, braking or negotiating bad roads. Take care.

Abdul
  5. Re: KMs done on delivery???

Mine was 38 kms when i did my PDI and 54 when i took delivery (16 kms up/down for RTO process)
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

+10 Jumu ::T

You correctly explained the cause of frequent hitting due to low Ground clearance.

@ Shashank

As per my info,Vaccum pump of MJD is not inside of engine. The part you have mentioned is Oil pump.

If there is any hard hit & because of hard hit,if there is obstacle for timing chain, then it is damaged oil pump.

Damaged oil pump may create obstacle for free movement of timing chain. Timing chain is a link between Crankshat & Camshaft. That's why if there is obstacle for T Chain,engine will not give proper power &
    HLA (Hydraulic lash Adjuster) will break. Finally engine will fail.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

That's well said Jumu..Now I got it. Of course now I got used to it and no hitting even on bad roads. :dancing . Just another query..does anyone hear a 'thug' sound from the rear when you jump a hump / path hole with some speed in punto. Mods please excuse if this had already been discussed earlier. Thanx ..
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

I will check with the SA again... i am really not sure about the name of that part....
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Shashank,

A bit of confusion in your quotes. The fact is I never detailed anything about the vaccum pump. It was BHAIs explanation :wink:

Abdul
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: KMs done on delivery???

When I did PDI the Odo was 46 Kms (Factory run and run from Peenya to Sarajpur Road) amd during delivery it was 82 Kms (Run from Show room to Workshop and back to attend a two scartches).

Vasudev.
    The ODO must show H. H shows in the ODO reading panel till it completes 200 Kms and it goes off automatically or before 200 Kms if the Odo is re-set manually.