1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Re: KMs done on delivery???

My car had done only 7 km on delivery
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Mine had 25kms on Odo when unloaded from delivery truck.
  3. arun687

Mine had 48 kms when I went to PDI it before reg and 80 kms upon delivery.

EDIT: This is from Navi Mumbai btw.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Mine was 87 KM. 60 Km from Ranjangaon Factory + 27 KM Road trial before PDI & after PDI
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

I actually called up the Fiat Manager for entire west zone. Got his number from the Fiat cust care. He says that for pune the cars are driven from Ranjhangaon to Pune godown for Pandit auto. PDI adds some KMs. 120 Kms is okay for deliveries in Pune. But I dont believe him so thought for asking here on the forum...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Re: Punto Queries

Even I am also facing the same issue. When AC is off Blower air smells very badly & I got a solution for that use Ambi Pure. :)
  7. mayur

Thane, Mumbai

I had 17Km done during PDI and 233Km done during delivery ...don't be shocked bought it from Mumbai and registered it from Pune
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

The reason I enquired was, there were a few cases where the Test vehicle was sold to the customers.... :)
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Urgent Linea MJD Owners

Hi Friends,

I came across one gentleman at Malik cars today. He owns a Linea MJD and his is one of the first few lineas sold by FIAT. He has completed 75000+ in his car and presently his car is at Malik cars Service Center for engine replacement. FIAT has delivered half new engine and his car's engine is soon to be replaced.

Why this happened?
    Since the Linea has low ground clearance and there is something called has Oil sump which has only 3mm gap with the part where the engine generates vacuum for power. If you hit the base of your car hard and if the sheet at the bottom fails to take the complete force on the hit then there is a chance that Oil sump hits vacuum generator (I am unable to re-collect the name of this part) and result in vacuum generator part to be pushed and this can result in more pressure on engine as proper vacuum will not get generated. The river will feel as if the engine is not generating 90HP. Final result is that the timing chain might stop working properly. On a long run this results in engine failure.

What to do?
    If you came across a case that there is some issue with your timing chain, just don't get satisfied with timing chain replacement. Engine will still not be able to generate full HP. get that 3mm gap checked and rectified and preferably get your vacuum generator part replaced.

Whether all Linea's are prone to this?
    The Linea now comes with the engine developed in India and this is happening only with the Initial few Linea which had imported engine.

So is it a fault in engine?
    No it is not a fault of engine it is just that we ignore a hard hit of base thinking that the sheet at bottom will take the load. The owners need to be a bit cautious if there car hits really very hard at the base... Normal touch is fine and will not result in any issue... With hard hit i meant when the result of hit can be felt all the way till the bonnet.

I have asked the owner to join us and keep us updated with the status.
    He was kinda happy with FIAT's response and service regarding his issue. Engine replacement under warranty and that too in just 30 days. Good job done FIAT and TASC.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Re: Urgent Linea MJD Owners

Hi Shashanknathani,
    That's a good piece of information. Even though I own a punto I was always worried about this fact. I had this hit twice or thrice on the initial month after my car got delivered (I was just getting used to the ground clearance) and once I even took it to the service center to get it checked. Luckily that was not a very hard hit. I would also like to hear comments from others as well on this. I am from Trivandrum and we got pretty bad roads esplly the by-roads and many of my friends who owes Punto had told me about their car under-body getting hit. But most of them think that it is the front bumper underneath which is getting hit. I had them convinced that it is the sheet which is getting hit and they need not worry about that. Can someone please tell me how safe is the metal sheet .??