1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Problems in my GP

Yes Clutch Slave cylinder operates the Clutch Fork. If your CSC is jam/defective your clutching & declutching action will be affected. Even you press paddle fully,your clutch will not release completely & that' why you will face hard & vague gear shift problem.

Bleeding means to remove air bubbles from your clutch hydraulic lines. If bleeding is not done properly,your clutch will not release completely. So first bleed it properly. If problem persisit then replace Clutch Assly.+ CSC.

But replace whole assly. (Clutch Plate+Pressure Plate & Release Bearing) then you will get showroom performance.

If your clutch is soft then problem is CSC ( Located on Gear Box) / Master cylinder (Located on Paddle)
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Service Indicator reset

To
    Manoj Nambiar
    From 13500 it blows interminantly at the starting of engine. & It will continiously blow from 14800.

In my case it was not showing even i crossed 15000 KM. It started to work at 3rd Service due.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

punto has softest clutch among all cars i have driven so far which is the best thing to be happy about in dialy b2b traffic. softer clutch means less effort. why should that be a problem for anybody?

in my punto at early morning clutch is bit hard but after runing in or warming up it gets as soft as the accelerator pedal ,and i realy enjoy it.
    hope that is not an issue to be concerned about. ::pP
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

If your clutch is hard in morning & becomes soft after some use (Press & Depress) then definatly there are air bubbles in hydraulic lines of clutch . It needs to be bleed .Clutch paddle should be butter smooth 24 x 7.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Low mileage?

How frequently one should clean air filter?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Low mileage?

I clean it every month irrespective of kms covered and it does have lots of dust.
    When airfilter needs cleaning turbo lag would increase and car would feel lethargic and turbo spools a little late.
  7. amarteotia

amarteotia

Pune
    RC not received in 1.5 month...PUNE

Hi all,

I am not sure weather I am posting this thread at the right place. MODs please excuse me for that.

I just want to get clarified on a very genuine concern that I have got delivery of my car on last 24 Dec 10 from PANDIT AUTO PUNE and still waiting for RC. every time i call my delaer he says it has not come from RTO.

They tell me that RTO had to do lot of registrations in december so they have not completed it. My question here is for new buyers wetaher they have received the RC or is it the same story with all? does it take that much time for everyone?

if it is delay from Showroom, how can I push them to get RC.
    Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Amar.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: RC not received in 1.5 month...PUNE

Only way I can think of is to make a visit to RTO office and ask them why the delay is?
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

RTO generally takes 1-3 months for issuing the new smart cards (RC). The showroom cant really do anything. They are correct in saying a lot of vehicles were registered in Dec/Jan.
  10. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

@amar : it does take time .... i got mine after almost 4 months and i bough a tvs wego last year and we got the RC after almost 6 months the same was the case when I'd bought my TVS apache 2 years ago got my RC after almost 6 months .. so dont worry ... am sure you have that green print paper i believe thats the RTO receipt . That should be good for the time being