1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

Hi Vijay,
    Thanks for the info. When I took t he delivery of the car, the ODO read 0 and there was no H sign :(....so probably the showroom guys would have reset it to 0...
  2. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Re: Low mileage?

Where can i find the filter in the Linea??? Is it really easy to plug it out and clean??? If some one can upload some pics, that would be great.
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Re: Problems in my GP

I had faced exactly the same problem in my Punto. Pandit guys replaced the pressure plate, however they said that CSC assly is fine.

Hard and notchy gear shift problem is solved around 70%. However the first and third gear doesnt slot butter smooth sometimes. 5th gear slots perfectly.

My clutch is very soft, I mean it needs no efforts to push it down. Dont know if its good or bad. I have checked my friends petrol Punto and clutch is slight hard. Also, the car moves ahead even after the clutch is released just slightly. Not sure if this is right. Service guys says its fine, but I'm planning to check a new Punto and verify.

Has Acumen opened?
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

@ Maverickxx2006

Pandit might have not done proper Bleeding of Hydraulic line of clutch. Bleed it again.
    Bleeding is responsible for smooth clutch & smooth gear shifts.
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune

Bhai thanks for the update.

Can you please explain what exactly is this bleeding and how it improves gear shift?

Should I insist on replacing the CSC assembly itself?
  6. rsujir

rsujir

Mumbai
    Service Indicator reset

Hi,

Apparently Concorde Motors have forgotten to reset the 15k service indicator, which is now showing consistently despite my service at 12.5k kms. Any idea if this can be reset. My current odo reading is 14500km. Or does it get reset after 15k automatically, would appreciate any inputs on this.

Thx,
    Raj
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: Low mileage?

Dear Friends... before going for K & N just do some googling. I am not telling that the K & N filter is bad, it is equally good and gives slightly more performance, but the stock filter is better in terms of filtering. Even I wanted to install K & N and I happen to go through a site where a guy had done testing with some top branded air filters & Stock filter. (Sorry don't remember the link as it was sometime back). He simulated in a closed environment and did some calculation based on it and what he found was stock filter's gave the best results. There is one genuine question which you can ask for yourself. Why doesn't any automobile manufacturer provide such filter as OEM .? Not even in big branded cars they provide these filters as OEM. As far as I understood, it may reduce the engine life say maybe by 5 % which is almost negligible.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Service Indicator reset

This can be reset only by Fiat Examiner that they connect to your car.
    It would also reset after 3k kms after service interval i.e. 18k kms.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

BUB had done the same to my car. Vijay has already given the solution.

No other option but to go back to the service station. Ask them to pick up the car from your house, reset the service indicator and deliver the car back to you.
  10. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore

hi ..my odo reads 14550, but stil no dislpay for due servicing has popedup still..? any idea when it starts to show on the display..?...or any option to be activated...? :?: