1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pareshmongia

Re: How to turn off/on the rear ac vent?

The foot level rear ac vents which are below the front 2 seats. They are physically present but do not work .. is it the same for all linea dynamic models. I have even emailed Mangesh Kodalkar [Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com] but haven't recieved any response .Please let me know how can i make them work as even the guys at wasan motors didn't know anything about it.

Paresh mongia
  2. gReyHound

Re: Hard Steering

There might be lot of causes for the hard steering
    you can check for one of the following as a start
    uneven pressure maintianed in front tyres
    wheel alignment
    if the belt has worn out it would make a squeaky noise when the steering is turned either right or left to the full extent.
    apart from the above may be friction caused due to non lubricated parts
    hope this helps
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

They will work when you put air direction into foot mode. Read user manual for more information.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Hard Steering

Replace the Power Steering oil. One member has mentioned that after changing HPS fluid his problem solved.

For Elastic Pad :- It is most consumable part for Linea. :hit

What is your odometer ? Hard steering may be due to worn out tyres also.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Just want to post a picture. Have already posted it in my thread with more description but thought this is the right place to showcase. ::T Achieved this today on a 40 km trip between Noida and Gurgaon.

6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

when swithc is pressed for foot vents the rear vents open up so there is no chance of not working as they are just simple vents. just check if those vents are covered by floormats or stuffs.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont consider it as a waste of energy - consider it as effectiveness to cool the car quickly :car

with the rear ac vents working too it quickly cools the cabin and maintains it. once temp is maintained the compressor cuts of saving fuel.
    i think the circulation of air is also aided due to this. also prevents humidity on windows.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Tweak for Hung Media Player and Menu shortcut not working

I faced this yesterday. The Media player wont play. I check my USB drive and it was in perfect order.
    The Media Player wont start anyway. The Menu shortcut (bottom right one) wont work as well.

Took my car to the Fiat service.

Resolution: The fiat guy just took the -ve terminal of the battery connector off and then connected it again after 10 seconds to effectively reset the system and voila everything is in perfect order. :)
    Suddenly the Blue and Me's creator's famous restart trick comes to the rescue. When in doubt shut down disconnect all cables and restart :D

You would need to reset the date / time after this is done.

9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: Tweak for Hung Media Player and Menu shortcut not workin

Well ...next time the media player does not play songs stored in USB....try this simple trick:

1. Press the phone button on the steering wheel..... scroll down the menu ...Last Calls>>>>PhoneBook>>>>>Messages>>>>>>Media player....
    2. Select Media player by pressing the same Phone button on Steering.
    3. Scroll down Options..... Random....Folders.....select Folders option by clicking on the same Phone button on Steering.
    4. Scroll down to the folders list in your USB drive ...
    5. Select the folder bypressing the same damn Phone button on Steering.(Sick of repeating this phrase :evilsmile )
    6. Press on the phone button one last time and the system will play all the songs in the folder that you selected.

One last thing: We are always tempted to try out the extreme measure.....but we would never try toe simplest of the things. :redcar
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Re: Tweak for Hung Media Player and Menu shortcut not workin

The Phone / Menu button was not working as well as written in my initial post. Lemme know how do you fix that.
    I tried everything.. including what you wrote and it was not detecting the USB drive itself.