1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Re: Punto MJD - leaving it unused- suggestions requested

Thanks italia-linea for your reply. Just 1 question. when you say take out wipers you mean to remove them? Any reason for this?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

@Narayan
    It's just to make sure wiper doesn't get stick to windshield.
    You can also put newspaper or cloth between wipers and windshield.
  3. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore

Hi Narayan,
    You can follow the steps mentioned by Vijay & Italia-Linea. In addition I would recommend you to fill Nitrogen in all the 4 tyres (if you aren't already doing so). This is to ensure that there is no significant drop in the tyres air pressure. My parents had left our old Palio in the garage for 6 months when they came to the US. After they got back, my dad plugged in the Battery terminals and bingo he could resume driving. If you have regular air, it might be difficult to immediately drive the car once you're back. Have a safe journey!
  4. Re: Problems in my GP

Really sad to hear about the clutch problems.

As for the lock issue, did you try resetting the system by disconnecting the battery?
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

guys does any one know the significance of the H symbol in the odo meter. One of my friends who bought a punto has this symbol. When I bought my car this symbol was absent but my speedo was reading 0 and was flashing. Later on I had some issue with B&M and when they reprogrammed the unit this flashing was gone but no H symbol . Any idea?
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

The H actually equalls 70 kms I guess which the manufacturer uses as a buffer for crunching miles while testing in teh factory and transporting teh vehicle from teh factory to the showroom . Once the 70 Kms expire the ODO starts from 0
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: Problems in my GP

Q. How many KM have you done with your car?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

H will be displayed on ODO for 250 Kms.In these 250 kms you can reset your Odometer to 0 once. To reset it you have to long press the Trip button.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Hard Steering

does Linea comes with hard steering .am feeling hardness in the steering of my car mostly while driving and sometimes after driving some Kms.The TASS (bharati auto, mumbai)put the problem to the elastic plastic wear outs(no checking yet done).however the elastic pads were replaced 4 months back(18 months after car purchase) in my car and since then I feel the hardness.The reason to change the elastic pads four months back was "tik" sound on turning the steering full.Can elastic pads wear out so fast.sometimes I feel they didn't change the elastic pads in the last service and just made some adjustments(Just my gut feeling).I have fixed an appointment in the 3rd week of Feb but the elastic pads are out of stock.Any advise guys wht can be the problem and how to go about.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Hard Steering

Did you check for the power steering fluid... Steering tends to get hard when the fluid level is too low and some leakage in the pipes...