1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

Mr Amol, you need to consider the fact that the A.S.S. in your area sucks (as per your posts). Is it really worth upgrading to 90hp or the MJD E+ from MJD Active? ::pP

Leaving all things aside, If I had the budget for 90Hp and if FIAT had offered the same discount on 90Hp as was being offered on the 75Hp, I would have loved to go for the 90Hp variant.
    The test drive of 90Hp variant was actually responsible for changing my mind to MJD instead of 1.4 apart from 1.4 being available in BS-III only in my city.

Punto 90Hp is faster than Punto 75Hp

One sincere advice: Do not give much importance to torque, BHP and power figures. Go with what your heart feels is right by TD both 75Hp and 90Hp side by side. :drinks

You already own a Swift DZire VDi that offers great performance and is definitely peppy, racy, speedy and what not. I doubt if it will ever let you enjoy Punto's 90 horses VGT engine. You will always feel that Punto has lower performance, loss of some power etc. (Purely my subjective opinion).

Swift 75Hp FGT being lighter is faster than Punto 90Hp that is 1200Kg solid build

So, keep your current Punto MJD Active to enjoy the build quality, ride comfort, looks etc or upgrade if you want to enjoy dual tone interiors, ABS, Blue&Me, car communicator, MID and lots of other features. Why to lose so much on selling a Punto MJD and buying it again?

Just my 2 cents.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

man the turbo unit is diff. fixed vanes VS variable vanes. does it make diff ? yes but obvious. 197NM torque and 209NM torque at various rpms is what you said. but the torque and turbo boost is available right from 1200 rpm in linea. so but obvious it makes a diff to reach the same rpm and speeds quickly than 75 bhp.
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Re: 30k service - What all needs to be done?

I was given a fuel filter with sensor but it looks absolute identical to one removed (purportedly non sensor type). cost was ~2000 rs.

I think you do not have much choice in pollen filter. you only get mesh one now a days.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

@ratan,

VP mentioned a valid point to consider before switching to CNG. I have come across a news item which will cheer one and all and will sure set you thinking ::D
    Read this:
    http://news.in.msn.com/business/article ... id=4869907

Abdul
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

Professor Stephen Bennington, who led the team involved in the project, said: "In some senses, hydrogen is the perfect fuel. It has three times more energy than petrol per unit of weight, and when it burns, it produces nothing but water.

Means in future every car will stop for a while to urinate (waste water) and continue then... wow... ::D

But this will take another 10 yrs to come to india and that too with a price of 200 per litre... our government wants money out of everything..
  6. shailinder

shailinder

New Delhi
    Buying Punto Diesel Emotion - Some clarifictions required

Friends I need small clarification / support.

I am getting a deal on Punto Emotion (D), at Rs. 5,90,000/- OTR. Whereas, actual OTR is Rs. 6,47,000/-. I am getting this discount because it is a Oct’10 model but would be registered in 2011.

Is it a good deal or I should go for 2011 manufactured car only? Need your support people urgently.

IMPORTANT: What all precautions I need to take while ensuring that it is not a problematic car like test drive vehicle or any other problem ?

Please suggest on following as well:

1. Is there is a way by which i can identify that whether this car has been used as a test drive vehicle ? Speedo meter cord removal while test drive is common isn't it !

2. If it is a test drive vehicle. Should I buy it ? Because we all know how badly people test drive...
    3. Same vehicle was available at exact 6 lakhs till 31st Dec. So they are continuing discount from that level. Should I ask for more discounts because on a second call itself they are offering such discount (old + 10K) ? Or ask for free bies (Mud flap, door mats are free) ?

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Buying Punto Diesel Emotion - Some clarifictions require

Welcome.

Please go through PDI once - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=787

See the "H" mark on ODO. If it is present, means car has run exactly showing on ODO.
    Check this post - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=101&p=26930&hilit=odo+h#p26930

My suggestion, don't buy a test vehicle, if you know.
    There is no end to negotiation, keep trying. ::D
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Punto MJD - leaving it unused- suggestions requested

I might be travelling on a short trip outside India for aroud 6 weeks. Can you post me best practices that have to be followed so that my car is taken ample care when it is not used for such a period. request your suggestions and action items that i need to take care before i travel !

Thanks
    Narayan
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Punto MJD - leaving it unused- suggestions requested

wash and wax your car before leaving. take out wipers. disconnect battery terminals. spread some camphor/tobacco in engine bay if you have rats in your place. cover your car. lock properly. 6 weeks is nothing to worry about.
  10. chandranap

chandranap Timido

Bangalore
    HAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Low mileage?

Dear all

every time i went to KHT, same he was telling about filter, and i never find any change. 2 days back i took my screw driver. i used my small vacuum cleaner and cleaned my air filter. given surprising results. i got back the same power which i was feeling as missed for long time. Also i could see the mileage gaining back in few kms
    i understood 2 things
    1) the service chaps are just simply dusting the air filter
    2) we need to vacuum it to get proper performance

Did any of us has used K&N filters? if yes what is the output? it looks to be a washable one.

please advice