1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Last evening while driving in rain I noticed steam coming out from the engine bay. It never has happened before and I was scared for a moment. Nothing happened though. Can anyone shed some light on it?
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    How severe was the steam? Usually bonnet is warm and spill of water causes some amount of evaporation which is easily visible under street lights, it should not be worry unless there are specific warning lights on MID. If steam was very huge, you may want to check the coolant level and coolant cap cover.
  3. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @naruf1 the steam was kind of severe as it kept wafting out of the bonnet. Also, there were no specific warning lights on MID. A guy in another car driving side-by-side kept looking at my bonnet (and then at me). He even signalled using his hand thinking I hadn't noticed.

I guess the culprit was the rain water that got inside the engine compartment. But is it possible? My theory: Last year, I had got the bonnet replaced after an accident and now there are glaring gaps. I wouldn't deny the possibility of water entering through those gaps. AND, there is this guy (pic below). I don't know what it is called, some kind of hose but water certainly flows down through it during downpours. The water falls on hot areas inside the engine compartment and causes evaporation. I just want to know if it's normal.

image.jpeg
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hai , Can you put a larger area image, it does not seems to be clear from the above picture
  5. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ooh my bad, I am not following this at all, My be need to open my car bonnet for this.

I think You should check the top level rubber bidding below the Hood which is close to the glass.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    has anyone been able to find a solution to above mentioned problem?
  8. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Do both Linea 1.4 Fire and MJD have a hydraulic clutch?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
  10. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @vIjAy_kHaSa So do both brake and clutch share same oil reservoir?