1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just a bit of correction, we are talking of FE (fuel efficiency) and not mileage as mentioned in thread title and posts.

Mods kindly correct where needed.
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sachin, I own T Jet emotion. I am attaching photos of my recent trip to Kolhapur. This trip was four people onboard with full ac. Hope this helps!

WP_20140712_012.jpg

WP_20140712_013.jpg

WP_20140712_014.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    General figures that I normally obtain on my 2011/12 TJet+:
    - Within city for a one way distance of 8-10 kms: 9 to 11 kmpl (9 usually being in hot Delhi weather and 11 in Delhi winters)
    - On highway: 12 to 14 kms

The TJet is capable of giving more mileage but you need great self control on your right foot to attain such figures. Also, if the aim is to achieve such figures then you cannot enjoy the TJet
    2 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Rightly mentioned by speedJet, the T-jet can give good FE if not pushed harder, if driven sedately.
    Throttle input is very important, therefore mentioned Cruise Control. Check patchyboy's video and thread on Cruise Control mod.
    It is a feature on newer Lineas though.

If fuel efficiency is a major factor then might as well go for MJD options. Linea Classic plus or regular Linea MJD variant.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    never felt wave effect whatever it is, either windows rolled up or down.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Correct two things, keep windows rolled up and find a decent gap to accelerate or decelerate out of their ways and maintain maximum distance. I know sometimes it can take a long time to achieve this esp. if 2-3 heavy vehicles are moving closely at highers speeds. Do remember that winds blowing can also add to this effect. But nothing to worry about unless there is a tornado. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. ravudai9

ravudai9 Timido

Amritsar
    The wave effect you refer to is simple science. When two vehicles run side by side close to each other, there is creation of partial vacuum in the space between the vehicles due to displacement of air in between them. As you know, vacuum tends to fill itself up causing surrounding air to rush inside & even vehicles to move towards (attract) each other. The attraction effect is more obvious when the vehicles cross in opposite direction. Another reason why we should maintain safe distance while crossing big vehicles. As per your higher fuel efficiency with AC on, just go through the fiat web site link on tips for increasing fuel efficiency.
  8. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Actually due to the difference in air pressure between the space of car and truck and the other side of the car(where pressure is greater ) ,the car being lighter is pulled towards the truck.The truck also experiences the same force towards the car, but being very heavy the effect is not experienced.
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yep bang on with the range , same for me as well more or less give or take 1-2 KMPL depending on traffic.

10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Not just the right foot, you also need to have great control over you emotions and especially ego :p
    Emotion : on seeing the empty at the signal!
    Ego : On seeing the nano overtaking you!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    2 people like this.