1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Thanks bala
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Now who said this?
    Clutch needs to replaced only if its worn out.
    Its not a part of preventive maintenance.
    A clutch should last 1L+ kms if used properly.
  3. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Gears were bit hard and the SE after test driving in 1st gear the car didn't move adequately and he suggested replacement of clutch. As I am not much used to diesel cars it is hard for me to differentiate a problematic one and a WAD one. Of course gear shifting was bit stiff and no where close to my petrol swift
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is never as good as Swift even for a new clutch in Puntos and Lineas.. :)
    I still like it. Not bad, it's different is all.

Engage in reverse and if there is grr grr noise while engaging that is a failing clutch. Of course, wait 4 secs after clutch press and see if this noise appears. Otherwise pick-up issues could be for different reasons also.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Akshay, am saying that since FIAT mentions in it's service chart that clutch kit and timing belt HAS to be changed at 60 k km.
    My FASS didn't and my car broke down at 67k km and I changed it after that.
    You can see for yourself Fiat's maintenance schedule in spare parts thread.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Timing chain i agree;but clutch replacement is not a part of 60K preventive maintenance service.
  7. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Yeah timing belt too was recommended but I postponed to next service as estimated cost already was on the higher side.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If clutch goes upto 60k one should consider oneself lucky. Claims of 1lac+ are true and more like bonus with the Valeo Clutch kits provided by Fiat. Lot depends on driving conditions and style also. If one cruises along whole day for like 100kms travelling from point A to B to C perhaps with least stops, chances of clutch failure minimize due to infrequent use of the same. Or one must be very kind and cautious and near perfect towards gear changes.

Agree with Bala, having it changed for preventive maintenance is good, but doesn't hurt either if you don't (esp. if spares and service is good and quick in your region). Then again as per Bala's experience being stranded for lack of basic service esp. when one could have been taken care of; hurts even more.
  9. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Thank you guys.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My finally got the clutch changed after 80000 kms although the clutch still was going good according to the SA.But since i was planning a drive to Goa, Mysore (approx 3000 kms) from Bombayand I diddnt want any problems so as precaution I got it changed.I could really feel the increase in the pick and engine response, the driving pleasure completely changed.New clutch provided by Fiat is super soft.