1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lucky guys i must say....mine is July 2011 . so i think i fit in 2yrs + 1 yr bracket, which makes it over this july ..
  2. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Afaik, the ecu will shut down the engine once the fuel level in the tank goes below 2L, to prevent engine damage.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Talk to FASS and see if you could get eligible for extra 2 yrs warranty. As the car gets old especially diesel, more parts get wear out and you might need them changed.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks for the valuable inputs guys,
    yesterday i asked the same thing at the fiat ass,
    no one knews the exact ratio,

once again thanks,
  5. Fiat Punto active troubling

Hi frndz

This is Dipankar Dutta from Duliajan, Assam. I have a FIAT Punto active
    which I bought in 2010 (April). Present mileage is around 53700 kms.

I am finding some trouble in suspension of the vehicle. As wellas, my clutch & gears are harder than before. My fuel tank meter is alsoshowing some abrupt results sometimes. I had my last servicing in andaround November'2013 when I changed my fuel filter, engine oil, topped upcoolant, brake oil, steering oil etc.

If I want to change all parts that I mentioned above e.g. clutch assembly,all four suspension, fuel tank sensor, engine oil, fuel filter, air filteretc., what will be the cost of the parts as well as labor charge??

I want to know from u guys..
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

What is the problem with suspension? Is it not soaking up shocks anymore is it that it is producing some kind of noise while doing its duty? If it is noise, then some of the things that could be faulty are - link rod, suspension mount pads etc. Get them checked.

The fuel guage problem might be down to some loose wiring. Even my fuel guage stopped working last weekend and the root cause turned out to be loose wiring which was fixed and it cost me around 2K. In the worst case, if your fuel pump is faulty then it would set up back my around 10K. Lets hope for the best.

Coming to clutch, what does the service book say? After how many kilometers, you need to replace it? On a related note, when is your next scheduled service due?

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As per your list approximately 30-35k Rs. including parts and labour, may or maynot include fuel tank gauage/sensor. Why don't you take a quote and let us know break-up too. Spare costs and labour details can be found via search function also.
  9. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Servicing cost fiat mjd linea 1.3

Dear friends
    I am the proud owner of a used fiat mjd linea. 2009 model. Odo reading is 59k, decided to get my first paid service done after using this car for 2 months without any tussles. Took car to butta automobiles hyd, the estimate given for service is 18k. After using maruthi (swift) for 8 years for first time I felt pinch of a staggering service cost. Friends I need your help to understand the cost involved here just double checking the estimate given by SE.

Engine oil 2250
    Oil filter 450
    Fuel filter 2200
    Air filter 450
    Ac filter 450
    Paid service 1500
    Clutch replacement 2000(labour)+6000 parts

Approx estimate in the job card is 18k

Is this numbers correct? Please advice so that I can be informed n talk to the SE.
    I am sorry if these details r already in the forum, I am going for a function n I don't have the time to search, at the same time I have to take the delivery of car tomorrow. Estimate sheet is attached it's not very clear though.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ferrah
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    It is almost correct since the 60 k service needs clutch assembly kit replacement and hence this cost.
    Rest of all your regular yearly service will cost you under 10k.