1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Really? If you have more information on this please provide a link or explain. I do this quite often:(
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, you can inquire the sales person and check it yourself if any active is there in the showroom godown/yard
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Choosing Car service by local garage over FASS

Hello all.
    Most of the time,we just drop the car at service station for schedule service, come back in the evening and pic the car up, take the mechanics word of it being serviced and drive back home after shedding some load of pockets. Now i really feel im taking their word for what all they have done in service. I don't have any idea if teh complete oil has been changed or just a top up done. Filters if they have been changed or just cleaned up and pushed back. Since we dont have spare time at our disposal and cant stay during the service throughout, we are vulnerable to be taken advantage of. Moreover hey do not allow usually for customers to be present at the service bay, albeit only for short duration if they do allow. Now, is it o.k if we can get the vehicle serviced outside at non FASS. Buy the major stuff like oil an dfilters and get them changed in front of us and hopefully get these stuff done in an hour or say two hours or so. that way we can look over what is being really changed. But is it a good idea?. Can the local mechanic do it satisfactorily for Fiats. they are well versed with Marutis and tatas, but Fiats?, is it safe to trust them?.....Please share your thoughts guys and advise . I am 2000 kms shy of my fourth service now and service centre guys approximated the budget at around 10.5 K. I had been tgheir for some other work and just checked out the servic ecosts.....Please pass your valuable experiences here.....Thanks ​
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi,

I am not an expert, but yes most of the times FASS might take you for a ride.

W.r.t Oil change done or not, (Engine), you can inspect yourself with touching it to see if powdery feel is present or not. If not, then its changed or else not or only top up.

Regarding the filters, you can observe an increase in performance and pick up of the car due to oil and fuel with air filters are changed. Infact i did feel after my service done a week back.

Outside garage if you know him well shall handle FIAT cars and its wise to get it done after 5 years is done with your car as warranty would have expired. Some guys here like theblack have moved away from FASS for their cars and they are quite happy with the job done.

Bottom line, as much as possible try to spend time at the FASS during your car service, for that try to find out an average day of the week when FASS shall be free or low load. Book on that day and then you can observe from the glass window of what they do. I mostly do this like many others here.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This confusion is and always will be ,as to whether go for authorized or Private service centers. for me its always better to go with Authorized Service St if a car has a lots of electronics(which our FIATS have a lot) and can go for private with relatively less elex. and/or out of warranty.
    Most of the private players still are not knowledgeable enough to understand the elex. in our cars.

We have a thread running related some ECU issues which cropped due to repairing some other thing in car.

As zenwalker said try to spend more time with car during service at FASS. Most of the FASS are ok with it,I suppose.
  6. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Yes. IT does show you real time milage, total trip time, avg speed of the trip and DTE.
    but if at all possible please go for dynamic instead of active.
  7. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks guys. Will try taking time off on a weekday and spend time at FASS. But this warranty time ...i think 2yrs +1 yr extended and that's all. I am not sure about the five years mentioned. Something i am not aware of ? just let me know please.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yes, it does. I have a 2011 model active and it displays the RTM, so I think the current active also will display RTM.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat is offering default warranty of 3 years since its separation from TATA. and an extended warranty which you can purchase is of 2 years. So that makes it 5.
    To be more specific Fiat is giving default warranty of 3 years for the cars manufactured after 1april 2013 onwards as far as i know(others can Correct me if wrong).

I hope this helps :)
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not manufactured but bought after 01 April 2013 onwards. Mine is March - 2013 Manufactured but bought in august still has 3 years warranty...
    1 person likes this.