1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    This is much more pronounced in the Japanese and Korean light cars. On a two laned road, when a B7R/B9R passes you from the opposite lane at high speed, you will feel the big shove from the air easily in these light cars. In fact even if you are parked by the highway and a big vehicle passes you at high speed, you will get a shove, it's normal.

The effect is lesser in heavier cars and higher in lighter cars. Avoid overtaking long vehicles with a small gap, with a bigger gap the effect would be reduced.

About your second question, it is always better to have the windows up at high speed as the resistance would be lesser, which in turn will aid fuel efficiency.
    2 people like this.
  2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    exactly happen with me,
    i was only surprised as the punto weighs more than a ton,
    what would happen to that maruti/hyundai ??
    no offense meant to the owners,

- - - Merged Post - - -

yeah exactly,
    have to be carefull at higher speed,

- - - Merged Post - - -

3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Stay away or avoid big vehicles for this and lots of other benefits like overall safety.. Respect their size.. ::V
    1 person likes this.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    My TJet has never this problem as no heavy vehicle can overtake it !

On a serious note, if the vehicle passing you is heavy you would feel the effect. This is more pronounced on lighter cars. My Santro shudders whenever a truck/bus passes it. There is nothing you can do.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

I havent noticed this before. but this effect is there. Some auto drivers told me about this as when ever bigger vehicles like truck or Bus comes to over take their vehicle they feel getting attracted towards the bigger vehicle that comes just behind.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Hrushikesh

Hrushikesh Timido

Need info for MID of punto Active

Hello Punto Users,
    I just booked a new Punto Diesel Active Wine Colour and i wanted to enquire about whether the MID of the Active variant displays the real time mileage coz the brochure says no but in some reviews over the internet it say the MID does display RTM ( Real Time Mileage ). so i hope if some Punto Active owners could clarify the same.
    Thanks in advance
  7. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    correct brother,
    but sometime there is the situation when the gap is narrow, and you cant do anything except the overtake.

but the thing is that the effect also occur when we overtake other vehicles,

well frankly speaking, i only felt the effect while overtaking, as of now i didn't think any of big bus like volvo overtook my car,
  8. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

This guage is not 100% accurate and it goes above the F mark and even after it shows empty the car will go for say 30 kms.
    1 person likes this.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fuel guage shows empty when 5~7 litres of fuel still remaining in the tank. You can estimate the fuel quantity that is needed to full the tank with plus or minus 1 litre accuracy from the fuel gauge.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

1) Approx 22 ltrs
    2) Yes the needle can cross the F mark if you have overfilled the tank which is a bad practice.

Each marking on the fuel guage corresponds to approx 11 ltrs of fuel so if you covered 216 kms for 11 ltrs you get an avg of approx 19 which is correct as per the MID.

Woah, have you tried this? If yes, be ready to buy another car since you are pushing the car to an heart attack.

A correction. When the low fuel indication lamp glows then you have 5-7 ltrs in the tank sufficient enough to rush to the nearest bunk to refuel.

It seems that the OP is interested too much in fuel consumption rather than the driving experience. Remember its the way you enjoy the travelling is imp, not reaching the destination.
    2 people like this.