1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Low mileage?

Get all the filters, fuel, air etc. cleaned. Apart from I don't see any reason for sudden mileage drop.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Well we would find out about the life of these parts as more and more owners cross 30-40k of running. Mine is at 30k but its going fine till now.

@OT: It would be great to meet you in Delhi. Keep us posted.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: law milage?

Chandran ,
    There is no any setting in this machine. Everything is controlled by Sensors. Fully Computerised Engine.

Clean the Air filter & see the differance. For effective cleaning of filter,use vaccum cleaner.

One more thing,see wheather brakes are binding
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Yes I also got new CSC at 10000KM & also started gear shift problem after installing modified Slave cylinder.

At 32000 KM I replaced whole Assly.& Slave cylinder in warrantee. Now at 36000 KM, again I am facing hard & vague gearshift even installing new Clutch Assly & new CSC. :A

I think FIAT has modified the CSC for those who have problem of stucked Clutch Paddle.
    Problem of Stucked paddle solved. :clapping
    But because of this modified CSC,problem of gear shift is started. :uh

FIAT cars are heavy so there is tremendous pressure on Clutch everytime. So clutch wear in FIAT car is fast.

I also used to replace Clutch Assy.of my UNO at every 30000 KM.
    See Korean/Jap cars. I replaced my stock clutch assly.of my Alto after clocking 80000 KM. :wow
  5. Re: Punto 90HP - Query

White
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Problems in my GP

Following are the irritants in my GP as of now

1. Clutch - I think the clutch and it's entire assembly is dead. Need to get it checked and replaced under warranty soon. Problem is there is no competent service station in Pune. I am planning to go to Acumen Motors. Let's see how things work out
    2. Notchy gear shift : Result of above problem
    3. Auto lock - The door auto lock is not working (By this I mean all the doors locking after the car crosses 20 km/hr). It has randomly stopped working. Any DIY solution for this problem ?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Problems in my GP

I think time to visit some new service center.
    BTW, how you know if Clutch is dead?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think clutch becomes hard or something.

@Amogh- I don't think there is any DIY for door auto lock mechanism. Better to get it checked along with the clutch and gear shifts.

P.S.- I am sure you must have re-checked the MyCar settings to see if autolock has been accidentally turned off.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Problems in my GP

@Ravi : notchy / hard gear shift and the hard feel of the clutch pedal are indicators of clutch problems.i checked the feel of a new punto and the difference was phenomenal. Changing of CSC did not do anything : so need to check the entire clutch assembly now
    @paddleshifter : sometimes it works : sometimes it doesn't. Randomly stops fucnctioning.

I am actually tempted to sell my current car and get a new 90 HP Punto. But since Fiat is no longer offering the E Blue colour I am dropping the plan.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Replace Clutch Slave cyliner. Notchy & hard gearshift should be solve.

I had seen brand new GP . I took the TD. & advised him to replace CSC.
    Owner changed CSC. & voila problem solved. ::D

I had discussed with Mr.Mangesh of FIAT. He also admitted that many GP has problem of gearshift.

I got Clutch Assly.+ CSC under warrantee. After using new clutch & CSC for 4000 KM.
    again I am facing problem of gearshifting. :A

I think there is some design error in Clutch Mechanism of GP.
    That' why many GP are giving frequent clutch problems