1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @sidd the rear window has the one touch down system, this has been explained properly in the manual.
    For point 2 and 3 please get in touch with the service centre..

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Take the car to SC and ask them to check for loose tie rods.

4) we felt the AC is not sufficient for delhi heat

What was the blower speed and position of AC ventilation knob?, there are some details in the manual on how to achieve quick cooling
  3. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    will be taking the car to SA, thought you guys can through some light on it as you did

the AC blower was set at the highest level, the side vents were facing the driver and co-driver and the mid ones at the back for rear passengers
  4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    The vent knob should be in position as described below image, also, after some time (a minute or two) , would suggest to turn the knob to blower speed 2, I have observed that cooling is better.

Cooling.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Answering your queries:
    1) The rear power window can open only 50%. If you are facing unusual glass movement, then it needs to be checked at the workshop. The window motor might be the culprit.
    2) Visit workshop if the squeaks are too loud.
    3) Before trying to locate the source, ensure all loose materials in the glovebox, cubby holes are secured. If still persists visit workshop.
    4) If the car is parked in open and in hot climate, it takes time to cool the insides. Best way to start is keep the blower at max position, allow the hot air inside to move out through the open windows and once the cooling is felt, close all windows and bring the blower back to an intermediate position. If still this doesnt work, get the cooling gas checked.
  6. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    i didn't quite get what you meant apart from the blower speed, can you please be a bit more elabourate?

1)i know it opens up till only 50%, the right rear window is fine but the left one is slows down or stops about 10% from the top and then gets back to normal speed. while rolling up it works normally.

2)squeaks can be heard clearly when no music is played, we noticed that when the steering is set at a bit lower height than the highest position, the sound that something is loose is no longer heard.

3) will check for any loose items in the glove compartment

4) we do the same practise but we found the coolong not sufficient. at one time i was sweating
  7. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Just thought of confirming if knob "C" is set in position as indicated.:)
    Apart from this as ghodlur mentioned the blower speed should be brought back to intermediate position.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding the power window issue you mention, I guess the issue could be a misfit beading due to which window glass movement is not smooth.
  9. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    For Power windows please check relay for ECM power windows. if its relay issue , they are costly so i would suggest to take it to A.S.S as early as possible.
    Punto AC is good , Check AC gas and pollen filter ( for new car its not required but as you are taking it to Service center .. )
    Noises at time of breaking , going over pot hole is generally suspension issue but for 2014 punto it should not be , so not sure why its happening.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  10. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    now a days we are noticing the AC is doing a pretty good job don't know what happened earlier
    the wheel alignment was out a bit so we did an alignment, the noise from the front left is gone so now only the rattling noise is there and the power window issue. today it's all off because of elections so will be visiting the SA after that