1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I believe a dyno run will prove the power gains in quantifiable terms. You are aware that you are taking considerable risk. Just a friendly advice. We'd rather not be happy to learn at your risk and expense. :D
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Moved from Pit Lane.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    surprised to know this. can you point us to some documented source of this information.

warranty/EW is for manufacturing defects/failures and insurance is for accident damages. there is a clear demarcation between the two. having this kind of overlap between the two is surprising. Looks like an april fool prank to me:D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I didn't understand this, can you please rephrase.

I recently got lower arms + Bearings for 2 wheels on my Punto replaced under extended warranty. All parts replaced were brand new. My car is about 9 Months into the extended warranty period and Mileage stands at 72000 Kms. Had to pay around 1600 out of my pocket for the below reasons.

1. The Labour cost/hr at the SC is higher than what the EW people pay, this should not be the case ideally but i didn't bother to fight for it.
    2. VAT for all extended warranty Parts are to be borne by the customer itseems. Actually this one is weird too, they didn't select the Warranty Option on the DMS and instead selected paid option and had a separate "Approval" mail from the EW people for a specific amount.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Here's what the extended warranty document says about the use of refurbished parts.

Extended Warranty.jpg

The words used in the EW document is confusing in comparison with what Bhai had mentioned in his post. This needs to be debated and clarified.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ok we are confusing it with our normal insurance. Insurer, here means the company which is providing the EW policy. Europe Assistance is just a TPA.
    The catch here though is that when the vehicle is in EW, it will always be 2+ years old so the converse applies in most cases i guess.
  7. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    bump bump bump, any updates?
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    This happens when the trip meter is set to zero, start the ride in a good road, drive at a speed of 80-90km/l. And it'll show high mileage readings for just few seconds or may be up to a minute. It'll get reduced drastically within few seconds or minutes. So in my opinion it can't be termed average consumption. :)
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Normally this mileage can be on slope roads where there is rolling.
  10. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    some issues noticed

we have a 2014 punto and are facing some issues

1) the rear power window when going down slows down or stops in the middle, this does not happen when goin up

2) when accelerating, braking or sometimes going through potholes there is a strange sound like that of old springs coming from the front left side

3) sometimes there is some other noise of something comes as if it's loose, i'am not sure where it's coming from, either the driver side speaker or steering

4) we felt the AC is not sufficient for delhi heat