1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    i drove my MJD for almost 12 hrs without switching off the engine.I covered 720kms only.I was driving very slowly bcoz of my brand new MJD engine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    is there any speed limit or can it be driven at any speed (above 80kmphr) non stop?
  3. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    No speed limit for MJD engine!
    You can fly at your own speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^For the engine there are. That's what is red line. The engine can break or develop issues if run continously at that speed.

I think it can be at or above 200kmph for our 1.3MJD. Safely, below 200 one can drive non-stop if the engine is maintained well with regular service. Except we don't have Autobahn like roads. I personally find 90-120kmph a good cruise speed on a traffic free highway. I have set the overspeed beep set at 100kmph and find it perfect for not pushing the car unnecessarily. There are too many other risks involved at high speeds.
    2 people like this.
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I have tested my MJD during various conditions at various speeds and longer intervals, the MJD is a true beast post the 3rd hour of non stop usage and can easily handle 12 hours at a stretch
    1 person likes this.
  6. SHBZ

SHBZ Novizio

Pune
    Hi,
    I have driven a Ritz(1.3 NJ) for a around 510kms non stop in 6hrs. that was the most miles I could do non stop as later i had to stop for a fuel!! Regarding the engine running, my cousin runs a Car rental business and has around 6 Dezires, almost all have crossed 2.2L kms and still the MJD's run fine..Drivers are happy for the pick up they get out of the engine..Though if you maintain any vehicle, it will give a good service. MJD's are class apart!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Need/Use of Cetane Boosters - Opinion

Hello All,

Came across this link in another forum for Standyne Performance. Seems like it ll make the engine more refined. Going by the cost involved, it seems to be reasonable if the does what it claims.

Have someone used it in Fiat's?
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No idea on that, though I have been tempted to try one. May be we can try it. Well did you try reaching out to that guy who are dealers in Chennai?
  9. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    There was a group buy in gearheads where I have opted to buy one. Once I get it, we can try it.
  10. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Believe the manual asks to avoid any fuel additive for the 1.3 MJD.