1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The only simple answer is - till the fuel runs out.

Engines, like all machines, are meant to run and you can keep it running till the engine wears out completely. There is no concept of giving the engine a "break" after some X km's of non stop travel.
    4 people like this.
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Probably, the 'break' concept has trickled down from the older Fiats and Ambassadors that used to ply our roads. They were prone to over heat and needed a few minutes of respite to allow the temperature to reduce. This also offered time for the driver to top up the radiator water.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The main question is slightly inadequate to justify the strenght / durability of the MJD.

Most modern diesel engines can go for lacs of kms under ideal working conditions as is already known.

The factors that come to play are bumper to bumper conditions or cruise or medium traffic conditions.

I think the most load is when a car has to halt and haul continously in traffic conditions. On another forum an MJD in swift covered about 2 lac kms in record time and still had performance like on day one. That person has moved NSEW across country and still found that the engine was good enough for many more kms.

Depending on the built quality and sources across internet they can easily do between 4 to 8 lacs kms before a complete overhaul. By default diesel engines are stronger and durable.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Truth behind contract of Extended Warrantee

I just handed over my car at M/s Aadyam Motors Aurangabad forfaulty starter motor. It was giving problem in random manner.

In addition to that alternator was not supplying proper charging voltage.I mean charging voltage was not going above 13.7.

Replacement of Steering rack & leaky EGR cooler body.

WM told me that amount of replacement part is going above 20K.So National Insurance have arranged insurance surveyor to check extended warrantee claim.

As per terms of extended warrantee if warrantee period of car is remained more than 6 monthinsurer has right to replace faulty part with reconditioned part. & if customer insist for new part, customer will have to pay differance amount between price of new & reconditioned part.:eek:
    If period of ext.warrantee is less than 6 month then only customer has right to get new part.

I feel that these type of terms & conditions are contrary to the customer's interest & rights.

Corrections & discussion is welcomed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    We can keep refueling without switching off the engines! :-D
    I think this is done during stress testing the cars where I have heard that they do cross country trips without turning off the engines!
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You have read too much into his metaphorical statement.. :D Please read between the lines.. ;)

:p For humour sake, what he must mean is till one is willing to run the car or until one goes out of fuel for lack of finding a proper fuel station or there is a strike at fuel pumps or till one forgets to refill or till one runs out of money for fuel etc. etc.....:evilsmile
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    actually guys, the whole purpose of starting this tread was to know whether an mjd can be used for 24 hrs non-stop ??

i was planning to go on my vacation to punjab 1.5k kms from my town, in a day,

thanx for the replies guys.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    This should clear the air.

The MJD will do 24 hrs happily, you should concentrate on you being able to drive 24 hrs continuously. 1.5K Kms is nothing, many people on this very forum have driven longer distances during marathon trips.
    2 people like this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It looks to me like only the backlighting has changed.. there is a good chance it can be done .. but how you will find that is a bigger question

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  10. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank you so much brother for sharing the useful info,
    how ever i seen his post on FB.