1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. watway_as

watway_as

Pune
    Punto Queries

Hi,

I own a GP 1.3 MJD EP, in Pune for the last 5 months. Moderate driving - have done 6000km so far. GP gives excellent city mileage of around 19kmpl, and upto 23 on highway (Pune-Mumbai expressway) City driving is between Kothrud and Hadapsar daily.

I have a couple of queries, hence I am posting to this forum.

1) Car's AC does not work at all, taking it to Pandit Auto next week. I read on this forums that they are doing some AC kit replacement or something. How do we know if the car is eligible? On starting my car's compressor, there is a musty smell with the blown air and no cooling effect whatsoever. Any idea what might be wrong? Also are such repairs covered under warranty?

2) When I insert the key in the ignition and turn to MAR position (not the ignition), I can hear some kind of crackling noise for about 5-6 seconds after which it stops automatically. The sound cannot be heard from the inside. I can clearly hear it when window pane is down and there is silence (late night or early morning) I thought this might be related to glow plug but the symbol comes properly on dashboard and goes off within 2-3 seconds. Any idea what that might be?

I intend to show these to Pandit, let;s see.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Punto Queries

what do u mean by AC doesnt work at all? AC kti replacement is not for 1.3 mjd. its for petrols.
    yes AC repair works are under warranty. might be gas has leaked out.

the sound which you hear is pumps and other electricals cranking up. its quite normal. forget about it. it happens in all petrol as well as diesel cars.
  3. watway_as

watway_as

Pune

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I think AC gas might have leaked out, since there is no cooling effect in the blower air at all.

Regarding the sound - am glad to know this is normal :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

1. The AC kit replacement is only for FIRE (Petrol) engines. MJD ACs are working fine. But you face issue with cooling, get it checked from TASS.
    Check more details - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtop ... 890#p14119

2. No body has this issue so better show to service guys soon.
  5. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

When my AC is off , & window are closed , the blower air smells badly ? any reason for this ? is it normal ?

Atul
  6. chandranap

chandranap Timido

Bangalore
    HAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Low mileage?

Dear Friends,

my 1.3 multijet punto initially given above 20 mileage in highway and fallen after first service!!!
    now i am getting only 11 in city and 14.9 in highway
    i did complaint to KHT, they are telling there is no tuning except air filter cleaning
    also i just feel a lag in fist which i was thinking as turbo lag. as i did not driven any other punto i am not sure,
    what could be the cause and how to solve it. each time i go he just clean air filter and a small change take place?

hoping for some good guidance
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Re: law milage?

@chandranap

Just ensure that the fuel you fill is good.Try Shell normal diesel for one filling .and see if there is any difference.

Abdul
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Correct method to find out milege.
    1)When you counts milege,always reset the tripmeter
    2) Do a min.50-70 KM run without stop & then see the figure.
    3) Always drive the car between 1500-2200 RPM with AC OR W/o AC
    4) As per my experince using MJD for 35000 KM,if there is adulteration , MJD can give 25 to 28 KM/Lt.
    On pure quality MJD can't give more than 23 KM/Lt.

5) Take this trial on 4 lane road & update topic.

Mods please correct the spell mistake of topic name.
  9. chandranap

chandranap Timido

Bangalore
    HAL
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sir,
    first thing in my case is that i had got good mileage in fist 3000km run, later it reduced. so hear it is not driving causing the problem, also nothing to do with fuel.

is there any tuning in the system?
    can air filter cause the problem?

what else to do to solve the issue,

10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

I got my Clutch Slave Cylinder changed around 11,000 KM and now at 40,000 KM. I started feeling the gears were getting stiff and speically in reverse gear. I visited Fotune at Nerul and got it diagnosed. The service Er. suggeste that the clutch pressure plate is gone thus effecting hard gear shifts.

I'm travelling to Delhi next month (ofcourse on my Punto) so didn't wanted to take any chance. I gave my car today to get replaced the entire Kit. As it is not being covered under wanrranty, the estimated damage will be around 10K.

So after driven 40K, that's the only major issue faced so far! But I wonder is the life for Clutch pressure/plate is so less?