1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Anup. That was really helpful. Will try maintaining the RPM below 2.5K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Prateek. My responses.

01. Punto's ignition does not have "acc" position. There are only 3 positions. "Off --> On --> crank". Most cars come with 4 positions, "Off --> Acc --> On --> crank".

02. Maintain rpm less than 2500rpm and avoid sudden acceleration.

03. Nothing needs to be done on a new car.

04. You can adjust the aim of low beam of the headlights using these buttons when the headlights are switched on. Check manual for details. Reading manual is highly recommended anyways.

05. TripA can be reset by pressing the trip button on right stalk for a few seconds while the MID was showing some trip data like average FE. Trip B can be enabled/disabled from the My car settings. Please read the manual. You will learn lots of new things.

btw, never keep your hand on the gear knob while driving. Such type of general tips are given in the manual as well. Do read it. :)
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi Prateek,
    Welcome to 1.2 club :)

I just wanna share some of my exp with my 1.2 on my initial days.

Since was a learner, the punto was driven mostly by my uncle and cousin on initial trips. They ripped it to 4k rpms many times :)
    Whenever i drove i always maintained in 2.5. Believe me its hard to control punto on the highways ;).
    Enjoy your drive
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    True Vicky. I've already ripped 3k but after the suggestions I've tried my best to keep it to 2.5k ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Have u upgraded the tyres ??

Also did u enquire regarding the ECU update for the 1.2 versions ?
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Ya I upgraded to Michelin XM2 185/70 R14 in exchange to the Stock JK tyres. Just now couldn't control and ripped 3.5K again. No traffic lights no traffic. Couldn't control

7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    ECU update? No I haven't ? Any link or any update done by any TFI member. Would like to take a look. What's the benefit and cost of doing it?

8. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prateek has just bought his 1.2 so this update must have already been applied in his car I guess still no harm in checking out.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Can we check our self or need to go to Aadya Motors to check.