1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    i had a doubt that it wrongly displaying the FE.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Why ?

Mine gives around 10 kmpl in city in summers [with ac on] & 12 kmpl in winters. So I don't think there's anything wrong with your car.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune

I don't think you need to doubt it as our pabhishek seems to be getting similar FE figures. It just shows that your are sensible driver :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    That's a very good FE. I get around 11.2 - 12 in city traffic & 16-17 in Highways. Enjoy the FE and the ride as well!
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Enjoy, you may be in a pleasant surprise :D

TJet is capable of delivering 19 KMPL
    1 person likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Queries on Punto 1.2

Finally got my car delivered last Tuesday. Feels Great. Ownership Reviews coming soon!

I had few Q's
    1) When I'm at a signal I usually OFF the Engine. Like in other cars if you rotate the car key one step down it stops the engine but still powers the cars (Like Music System, Windows), But I don't see this happening in Punto. Am I doing something wrong or it comes that way?
    And every time I need to completely turn off the key and start again. It really gets annoying at signal :(

2) As its a new car, Do I need to maintain a speed limit and not cross some RPM ? If so, Please share the speed limit and RPM to maintain till what KMS?
    3) What all things need to be done from 3M, One I'm aware of Under Body Job. Apart from that what else, like to retain the polish in the cars.
    4) There are two button between MENU and FOG LAMPS with headlight symbol? What are those for ???
    5) How to set a trip?

~Prateek Agarwal
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vo vo vo, Prateek, those are tooo many questions in 1 post to answer </SPAN></SPAN>::V, I'll try my best to answer :
    1> In Punto all Electricals shuts down once you turn off the Ignition mode, however you can choose to keep the Radio/CD Player ON for
    20 minutes only provided the Radio/CD player was still ON before shutting down the Ignition.
    For that you will have to go to the Menu </SPAN>button from the player and scroll down until you see something:00 mins</SPAN>, use the Right navigation button and select :20 mins</SPAN>.(Sorry I forgot the exact name of the Menu but observe a long name of that menu and has :00 mins on the display) Please refer to the Music system part of the Manual for better understanding.
    Also all Post 2012 has Delay option which means even if you turn the Ignition off you can still use the Power Windows but only for 2 minutes max.
    The one step key move which you are refering to is blank this ensures that the Sterring wheel does not get locked.
    2> No Fiat manual do not recommend any specific RPM limit, however it would be safe if you keep the revs below 2.5k until 1st service.
    3> Underbody coating is not required as you have a brand new car, Fiat has a Underbody protect for 3 years, if you want you can think of a Underbody coat after 2 years to be on Safer side or if you want peace of mind.
    4> The 2 Headlamp looking switches are for Adjusting your Headlamp focus, it is incase if you carrying heaver load behind the car tends to pitch up and the beam could affect the Oncoming vehicle by blinding them, you can push the Bellow button to Decrease the Pitch of the Headlight Beam and push the Top button to Increase the pitch of the Headlamp.

Hope this helps...
    3 people like this.
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    If you could put down driving conditions and how you drive in detail might help with answers , but from whatever you have written i can tell you that i have got 13 in the city and 16-17.5 on the highway , city being Delhi.
  9. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    For the 35k I've driven so far, city average is 8-9 kmpl, as per odo.. Yeah! That's Mumbai traffic, 100% aircon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    take it to car windshield experts and have this checked, not a good situation to live with. The cost of the windshield can't be compared to yours. Change it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk