1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good news. Wonder what took them so long to come to Chandigarh.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I myself pamper my car and believe me no 3m 4m can take any better care than you yourself :-D
    Check the wet look of non metallic color of my Punto.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2

Hi ALL,

Today, i have no work to do, so i just thought to check my 2 yrs old car's mileage. Doing is to ensure that my car condition is still somewhat better or not.
    I have chosen Greater Noida expressway for this to make sure that i don't have to deal with pathetic city traffic :rage instead i want to enjoy driving in speed mode :car..

In start (First way) i just want to check all gear shifting in overtaking, speed, maneuver, stability, tyre noise and its performance and cabin noise and for that i drove it to max 125 Kmph as i don't want to do Fast and Furious sequel :rolleyes:, though i have touched its speed to 165 Kmph :redcar few weeks back in safer mode and i don't want my car to go through it again instead i want to just check its mileage.

Here is the update while returning (Second Way).

WP_20140201_002.jpg WP_20140201_003.jpg WP_20140201_006.jpg WP_20140201_007.jpg

Tyre Details: 165/70/R14 Yoko A Drive
    Pressure : 32 psi (Nitro fill in all tires)
    Fuel tank : Full
    Transmission : 5th Gear @ 1500-1700RPM
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

no cooling and oil leak from a/c compressor

Purchased Punto 90 on 20/02/2012, Total km done 17000 so far, satisfied with overall performance of vehicle and service peoples at Speedwell Motors@Rajkot,

Once had air bag failure alarm and steering column elect. assembly was replaced within half hour at Speedwell motor@rajkot under warranty.

now a/c had stopped working; found oil leakage below a/c compressor, it seems that some loose part or cracked oil seal is cause of the problem.

like to know that, would this repair be covered under warranty? any idea,

till date, my punto had not finished two years from date of billing.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

This should be covered under the warranty from fiat, this isn't a wear and tear part. Take it to the asc ASAP before Feb 20 . After Feb 20 you'll be covered under EW from the insurance company and not FIAT.
  6. openguru

openguru Timido

Thanks to all for the clarifications.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    False invoice of EGR Replacement

Attaching photo of EGR valve of my 90 HP & photo of EGR of my 4 month old SX4 DDiS

As per invoice my car got replacement of EGR in warrantee. But actually EGR not replaced by ASS.
    Dealer only cleaned it & refitted old one & gave me invoice that EGR has been replaced.:eek:

By seeing EGR of 4 month old Maruti SX4, anybody can easily tell EGR of my 3.4 year old 90 HP is old one.

What a irresponsible service by 100 % owned FIAT ASS even after loosing faith of UNO & Palio customers of India.

By getting this type of ASS I have no words. The most shocking ASS experience.

@Mods , Please place this at appropriate place.

EGR Punto 90 HP.jpg

EGR- SX4.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Blurry view from front windshield

Enclosing sample drawing of blurry view of front windshield.

I don't know exact name of problem of windshield. Sorry for bad drawing.

2 circles are shown as headlights of upcoming vehicles.

Normal windshield - Shows only round headlamp of upcoming vehicle. See small circle.

My winshield - Shows vertical lines around the headlamp of upcoming vehicle. See big circle.

Is there any defect in my front windshield? If yes then is it covered in Ext.warrantee ?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. Linear

Linear Amatore

Hard to tell unless you get nighttime pics / video with lights (difficult task, I know), but looks like wiper marks from your description. Is it only at one place or mat multiole locations? Can you check whether this is the case from passenger seat also? Maybe ask someone to sit behind driver's seat and shoot a small video?
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Go for anti-glare films if the problem is more. Maybe that will reduce refractions. There are certain windshield liquids too that restore glass shine and reduce abberations. As suggested by Linear a nightime pic can help better understand.