1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Title of the thread is incorrect and misleading with respect to the information in the first post. It should rather be "My warranty period started even before i took delivery of my car??? <fb:like colorscheme="light" action="like" width="260" show_faces="false" layout="standard" font="tahoma" href="http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamfiat.co.in%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D11534"></fb:like>"
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Modified the title.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    I think it is a case of protecting your offers which would be applicable for the month of Dec, the dealer had invoiced it in December itself. Since the offers are changed on monthly basis, the dealers do this to lock the amount + offers. Even mine had a 14 days difference btw invoice date & delivery date. When asked about it, they told me the above reason.
    1 person likes this.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi

Please check your VIN viz manufacturing date as if the dealer bills the car in its name a date prior to selling it to customer by paying full, dealer gets lots on incentive and money part

e.g they had bought the car in DEC 2010 by paying FIAT full amount and warranty starts tht day it self

if you buy on DEC 2011 , it will new registration and u ll be first owner and your 1 year of warranty is already gone

Check and confirm the same with dealer
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    For me loan EMI and this warenty started before delivery. (started Emi on jul 2012 and got delivery aug 2012 and warented started on bookin date jun 2012)
  6. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hm..The date on invoice is 3rd Feb'12. I will go to dealer today and let's see what they say. Thanks for your inputs.

- - - Merged Post - - -

My car manufacturing date is Aug'2011. So at present this possibility is ruled out. Thanks for your input.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ohh..even i am also thinking on the same lines. But dealer must have told me, as per rules the warranty must start from the date of retail invoice? Isn't it? It doesn't matter to customer what dealer have to do with their internal billings. The day i payed the full amount of took delivery/ invoice date than only warranty must start. But assuming if this is the case than M i not ennttitled to extended warray now?? I mean will fiat consider it or they will simply deny it?
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Then you drop a mail to FIAT Service and it will be rectified in records

For My Car also, warranty date was erroneous and was updated and corrected after details of bills and invoices sent over the mail to them

Start the written communication with scanned copies attached to mail sent to Fiat
  8. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    I booked my car on 31 Oct 2013 and took the delivery on 8 Nov 2013. I got the invoice after a week on 15 Nov 2013 and came home without checking the invoice date. Just checked it after going through this thread and found that it was invoiced 31 Oct 2013.
    On booking I just made a payment of 50K on 31 Oct 2013 and final payment was made on 1st week of Nov.
    What can I do now ?
    Can I go back to dealer ask him to change the invoice and update warranty accordingly plz assist
  9. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    @Gurjinder Ji : I take my car everyday to office 13 Km (one way) and 13 Kms (back home ) so we are talking about 26 KMS in day . Is it OK . I have followed your advise on idle time.

1) I Idle my linea MJD for 1 minute in the morning and 1 minute before turning it off .

Please let me know if this is correct ?
  10. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Good News :- 3M exclusive center coming up Near Elante Mall in industrial Area Phase -1 Chandigarh by March'14
    1 person likes this.