1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pronoy the linea wheel caps brings out total change in looks. The Punto looks more classy, nice upgrade looking forward to it.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pronoy da new linea caps are awesome, white body needs some dressing, add some cool sports stickers :)
    2 people like this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pronoy - Your Punto looks awesome. I some how feel these wheel covers look much better than the older black ones.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    A worthy upgrade I must say!
    Congrats on the new set of wheels as well as Tyres. It's only after doing a tyre job we understand how much difference it actually makes. Complete transformation!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    The cabin light looks neatly done. Any pics and details on the wiring available? Also for the cut out any pointer on how the marking was done?
    1 person likes this.
  6. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Yes, IMO these look awesome. They have changed the way my car looks.

I am still to experience the difference in handling, as I have driven only 25-30 km that too in bumper to bumper traffic...
    Expect Shashank and me took the car out for a short drive at night.

Thanks Channa da, I'm still working on a theme in my mind. I don't want the Abarth stickers.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks naruf,
    I have no pictures of the wiring, as Shashank and me, both were busy working on different things.
    For the cut out, I sat on the rear seat in Shashank's linea, measured the distance from the back of the headliner.Sat in my Punto, Shashank was holding the lamp to the headliner, when I was comfortable with it's position, we measured the distance from the sides, to make sure, it was in the center. Once finalized, we used a ball pen to mark the position, and started cutting from the center.

There are 3 wires which are connected to the rear lamp, taken from the front cabin light. there are no markings of any sort. We had to do a lot of practical research, before we got it right. We had a multimeter which made things easy.
    2 people like this.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Since my car performs best when it has less fuel, I delay refilling and try to enjoy as much as possible :)
    It starts at last 10-15 litres.
    Today just before arriving near my layout I was driving at 1k rpm , 3rd gear, 20 kmph , without touching the accelerator, it goes smooth as if someone is constantly supplying fuel as needed, butter smooth.
    Normally I get jerk at this point in 3rd gear.
    May be the ECU program getting some sensor values at this point and performing optimally, only if I could make it working like this always.
    Less Fuel.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  8. openguru

openguru Timido

Punto Emotion (2012): Clock Skew

Hello, I am proud owner of FIAT Grande Punto (Emotion, 2012 model). Recently I have started observing clock skew issue in my Grande Punto MID clock. Once I properly set/adjust the clock of Punto, I see that Punto's clock is running 6-7 minute slower within next one or two months.

Is this normal? :confused: I had informed this issue to SA in Vecto motors during last service. However, he chose to simply ignore this issue :(.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I too face the issue in my Linea.
    The clock slows by 2 mins or so in 3-4 months.
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    No this is not normal, In fact never heard with such a issue, I have a very bad feeling that SA is just trying his way out so that you get out of the warrenty period and then charge you with a surprise, infact I have complained almost everytime about my B&Me, It just does not seem to accpet any version and even the B&Me website seems to be dumb not to accept any uploaded file to find out more about your version, SA now claims that there is a issue and I would have to spend on buying a new B&Me as I am out of Warrenty and this is not covered with Additional warrenty.