Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.
Correction, That is the pic of linea (T-Jet). Punto cabin light is same but minus spot lights
That is the point. Rishi wants to add those spotlights and I am trying to understand the differences in the circuit
Yesterday I was at a FASC and they told me that its a direct fit on the Punto and all one needs is to order the Linea roof light and get it fitted. No additional wiring required.
I didn't know at that time that the pilot lamps are connected to HLs (just read the posts on last page) and turn on when we switch on the headlamps. Means the circuit is same as that of the orange ring around the cigar lighter/power socket.
Flex sleeve/air inlet to turbo charger replaced
I had give my LINEA MJD to manickbag fiat(exclusive fiat) at Hubli for Mileage/thick exhaust and pick up problem. The car has been repaired by them today and they have charged me for the following parts Flex sleeve,air inlet pipe into turbocharger plus labour extra 1590/-,556/-867/- respectively,.My car is right now in warranty and is 20 months old still. can they charge me for such parts or it should ask them to clarify.I don't think ,labour charge can be applied for a car under warranty. I think it cannot be tagged as "damaged parts" due to negligence.
I just went for a short trial. Looks like the pick up has really improved.
Idling Time and Run-in period for my Linea Classic + 1.3 MJD
I have already driven 400 odd KM's within 1 week of my purchase of linea classic plus 1.3 MJD and need your suggestions regarding the run-in period and Idle time for 1.3 MJD engines as this is the first time that I have bought a diesel car in my life time
1) What is the maximum speed that I would need to maintain on highways and how many KM's is typically the run-in period for 1.3 MJD engines?
2) My friend advised me to start the car and let it to idle for 60 secs before moving the car in first gear and the same while shutting the engine off after driving . What is the perfect and practical idle time for 1.3 MJD's? should i need to idle the car during both start and stop of engines.
your advice & guidance on these points would be really appreciated and helpful for me guys.
1) There is no ear-marked mileage for run-in period. That said, take it easy for the first 2k kms atleast. Be gentle with all three pedals. Various parts would be breaking in during this time frame. Limit the revs to 2.5k rpm except top gear.
2) 30 seconds would do for short city drives. If you are on a highway drive, make it 60 seconds or more before you turn off the engine.
There are threads available in our forum regarding run in period.
To my knowledge
- dont rev the engine beyond 2.5k rpm for the initial 2k kms
- if you are on a highway drive, dont stick to a particular rpm for long time. Vary your rpm level but below 2.5k
- always press ur clutch and start the engine
- always idle for 30sec atleast if the temperature gauge is below the quarter way mark. But if its a cold start - temperature gauge at the lowest - idle for 60sec.
- also idle for 30 - 60 sec before switching off the engine, if you were driving in the turbo range.
- if possible, change your engine oil and oil filter after 1k or 2k kms.
- when starting the engine, keep in MAR position for 3 or 4sec, i.e. till some indicators light goes off except some, and start the engine.
Hope this helps.. You have MADE THE MOVE buddy.
Thanks a ton guys for your valuable feedback !! i have always maintained my rev's within 2.5 K rpm till date , i guess there was just 4 or 5 instance where i had overtake lorry's in traffic where rpm had gone above 2.5 K but apart from that i have never crossed 80 KM speed and 2.5 K RPM till date and thanks agin for your suggestion on idle time as well will religiously follow it from now.
I'm afraid I shall have to lock this topic here itself. Do search the forum before creating a new thread.
Kindly carry on the discussions in this thread :http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...mal-stop-time-have-efficient-fuel-saving.html
Just got stuck with this issue and didn't know how to reboot the frozen tablet. By the time I came to know from MMI support that I need to push the "VOL UP + VOL DOWN + Fn" keys together at a time, the device lost it's power and got switched off. So, if someone faces similar issue again, try the above 3 keys push and let us know if it worked.
Separate names with a comma.