1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

@redbull . I guess FIAT needs to work on this. There has to be a consistency. Not that it affects the car technically but it produces a bad image for the company. They shuld mention in their USER manual the list of all accesories fitted by the company. That way it becomes easy to see if anyone flicks any accessory. I asked th dealer he said a few models had arrived without the cigarrette lighter as well!! Like you said mine too has the cigarette lighter!!
    Regd the water i think what you and paddleshifter said seems ok. To use aquagard or i think the battery water which too is distilled.
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

Has anyone faced any problem in connecting nokia n73 using blue and me? I am facing a problem in my punto 90hp. It pairs correctly but when i want to copy the contacts from the phone, immediately the bluetooth gets disconnected . The Blue and Me lady then speaks something which is very unclear. Then when you exit from the settings menu the phone again reconnects. Any one faced such a problem ?
  3. chefvikas

chefvikas

Kolkata
    Re: did it !!

Showed it to the bosch service centre .. the quote is 5.5 thousand for denting and painting both doors , and a deep scratch on the lower bumper.. should i claim?
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@chefvikas : from the pictures it seems the dent on the door is not deep ...there is no damage to the paint.....so I would suggest.....go to a local denter....get some Dry Denting done...and then ask him to do some rubbing and polishing.....this would be a convenient and cost effective way to handle this issue....he may charge you 500/-.... time taken 1 Hour

If you get the paint job done at the service center......they will take out the dent....do some rubbing with a size zero sand paper....spray a coat of paint and then cover it with a layer of hardener(they call it Finishing)....and they will do this for the entire door....they will charge you 5000/- ....time taken 2 days.....I would avoid that If I were you.

Why pay 5000/- for something that can be done with 500/-
  5. chefvikas

chefvikas

Kolkata

does anybody know any places in Kolkata where this can be done ??
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@ chefvikas : look for local car market in Kolkata(there should be atleast one place where people go for car accessories and other car related work)..... or simply ask your local mechanic about it.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Punto 90hp-issues rectified..happily ever after

thanks to all of you for support,
    the service manager said said that the delay is due to the import of certain spares from outside india. when i inspected the seat make i found "tata" which confirms the awkward politics inside the fiat house.

a news (to me it is bad news as i am in danger of losing the exclusiveness of my car)

anyways the news is that i happen to ask couple of people in showroom and service centres about sale of car(they din;t knew i am a fiat owner rather they thought i am indica vista owner which was my previous car), all said more people are buying fiat cars than tata since last two months, couple of them whom came for tata turned towards fiat and in service centre fiat cars come in very lesser numbers than tata cars.
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

Guys today i noticed that the black plastics in the front of my car , (the one to which the windscreen is attached from the lower side) have started turning white. My car has not even completed 1 month..Anyone else noticed this ? What can be the reason for this ?
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

polish it with good dashboard polish. they turn white due to wash with boring water/ applying polish meant for paint on it.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

vivek, wash the car using any good car shampoo like Formula 1, Abro etc.
    After washing the car don't let water stay on plastic either wipe it with cloth or blow it off using blower or vacuum cleaner.