1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Today got a call from TVM fiat dealer and informed me that the EW booklet is available asking me to collect the booklet. Visited the showroom and got hold of it.

Impressed with the dealer and the advisor since they took the pain to inform be on the booklet.

Moderators, you can please close the thread
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The clutch plate is not burnt. The pressure plate seems to have got hard. The release bearing also seems to be rusty.
    when it comes to clutch replacement a big questions arises " Pehle anda , ya pehle Murgi"
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    All SCs be it Fiat's, Maruti or Hyundai try its best not to honor clutch warranty especially EW.Recently Shreenath hyundai (Hyundai SC in Bombay)refused to give me even a day's warranty for clutch change in my santro where as Fiat gives 6 months warranty.According to Shreenath hyundai it all depends upon the driver, the clutch can fail in few days or can last for months/years.It was a vague explanation but deep inside I knew that in case any problem comes and they don't rectify i will take their case.

Coming to the query, Italia is right the clutch doesn't look burnt but looks rusted.It all depends how long u have been facing this issue and when the issue or symptoms was reported to the SC.Although its easy to get clutch claim in warranty but in EW it gets difficult since its covered by a third party insurance firm.

I dont know what can be done now since you have already replaced the clutch .But u can still try for part refund/credit by talking to Fiat.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. aneevs

aneevs

India
    The rust came after the replacement when I kept in the porch in a bit moist atmosphere. The symptoms appeared a month before I replaced it. I did replace it because I drive 100+ kms home every other weekend and didn't want any problems along the way since the problem occurs when the car gets heated up.

It wasn't a nice feeling when you have to put extra effort to put into gears. Didn't feel like giving that strain to my car and me :). Anyway, I sent an email to fiat service yesterday with the pictures asking for technical/expert advice on this. They haven't replied yet. I will keep you guys posted on updates.

Cheers!
    1 person likes this.
  5. aneevs

aneevs

India
    Alright guys, so I contacted FIAT and they said clutch is not covered under EW. We cant really prove its not a wear, right?. So I guess I will just let it go.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Rajan Sir,

As requested got the image from Pronoy's DIY project for Automated Cabin Light. :)

_MG_5992 (1).jpg
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Is that the Punto or Linea? I really need to see the connectors of this light. You see, the cabin lights have two circuits - one for the reading light and another for the cabin light. When any door is opened, the cabin light circuit is powered and both the bulbs in the picture are lit up. However, if the reading light switch is operated, only the requested light gets powered.

In the Linea, there is an additional circuit, that is connected to the HL circuit, which powers the spotlights. Hope this is clear.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    These are punto's cabin lights sir.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK. I would like to see how many wires come to the connector. Even if you are able just find out and tell me, that is fine.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sure sir will do that soon :)