1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

^^ I reckon the FE you are getting is pretty okay. I seem to be getting around the same FE figures as you. I get around 16KMPL when I drive between 100 to 110KMPH and have got 17.8KMPL when I kept it just under 100Kmph. A steady 120 usually gives me something around 15KMPL and if you drive any faster I don't expect you to see anything more than 12 or 13KMPL.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet

I don't see anything wrong here. Your jet is returning pretty decent FE.
    The sweet spot for T-Jet is in the range of 90-100 KMPH. I know it is very difficult to stay in that band unless we have CC installed like PatchyBoy; but going beyond that band will hit FE. :D
    Regarding City traffic condition, T-Jet simply hates crowded roads.

From my experience, with relaxed drive (90-100 KMPH) band, T-jet returns really awesome FE. Look at this: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4...nal-jet-linea-t-jet-emotion-3.html#post201500

There is no need to change your driving style. Hope this helps!
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

@ Flywheel & @ MakeTheMove- Thank you, i was just getting a tad concerned that i may be pushing the car pretty hard during its initial days on the road. Would love to someday achieve 18KM.ltr like some of you have done.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

C_S, Same here, Only once I could able to achieve 16.5. Its very hard to control your desires when you are in T-Jet and on highway.
    3 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

TFIan Harsh drove from Mumbai to Gandhidham yesterday in the Jet and got 17kmpl.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The Tjet really hates the B2B traffic more slow when you actually do crawling speeds. The Tjet does drink quite a bit of petrol under these conditions. Give the Tjet a more open road, the engine is a lot more versatile and meets the driver's need, be it a need for mileage or some high speed stuff.
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Unfortunately my punto MJD was being driven on a bumper to bumper traffic for more than 1 hour, by a known person.
    Per the person's description of the incident, the car was driven on half clutch for the entire time and finally it started emitting smoke and heavy smell of clutch burning from the hood.
    He then stopped it and waited for some time then the car behaved perfectly well, he said.I came to know about this today only even the incident happened last week.
    My worry now is if it had started emitting smoke, Is there any other part like the release bearing or something which would have suffered the damage apart from the clutch plate?
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  8. aneevs

Clutch failure and warranty coverage issue

Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 Linea Emotion pk, which has run only 30k. I had problems while gear shifting when then the car gets hot on a relatively long ride or in city traffic. It was mostly for 1st and reverse gears. Started making noise while reverse shifting. The service advisor told me that its a clutch wear out problem and its not covered under extended warranty. I replaced it anyway, I am not a mechanic but after seeing the old clutch, I wonder if it was really a wear out issue. Please take a look at the attached pics. Do you know if we can identify wear out inspecting the clutch?

As far as I know, the wear out can only happen for the non metal circular sheet material which makes the engagement and disengagement of clutch. And if its an issue that shows up when its heated up, that means the property of the pressure plate (the one with fins) has been changed? In that case, I assume it should be covered under extended warranty, correct?

2013-12-15 09.19.31.jpg 2013-12-15 09.20.09.jpg 2013-12-15 09.20.42.jpg

It costed me ~8400 Rs to fix it replacing the clutch unit. I have done service in April for 8k and spent another 8k couple of months back for suspension bushes and brake pads. This sudden expense hurts a bit.

Thanks for your inputs.

9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Clutch is covered in EW till 35000 km.Take ur EW booklet and show them.
  10. aneevs

Thanks for the reply Varin, but its specified that it won't cover Clutch worn or burnt issue. So I was wondering if the above can be considered as a worn issue. It doesn't look like that to me.