1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

How on earth can it be FIAT's fault? They only manufacture the car and are not involved in the registration process, whatsoever. The dealer, shrewdly gets you to sign a document declaring that you have verified the details on the registration papers and found them to be correct.

Sorry, but there is nothing either FIAT or the dealer can do to help. And as far as the law is concerned, this is something between you and the RTO. Did you try approaching the RTO directly to get the mistake corrected? Usually that works. Try that first. If you are unsuccessful, let me know which RTO it is. I might be able to help.

2 people like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

By car documentation, you meant RC specifically or all the car documents such as tax invoice, insurance policy, EW certificate etc. Is the difference in all these documents or just the RC? If only RC, then ask the dealer to get it rectified. Its been more than half a year, dont know how wee your request will be recieved. Or else visit the RTO and enquire the process to get the rectification done, this will cost you. Going the legal way will be an extreme step.

Even I had written to Mangesh in my case of missing engine chassis no character in RC and he replied saying it was the dealer issue to deal with. He did drop a mail to them to get the issue resolved. I literally pestered the dealer to get the rectification done.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My fault and I should have explained it better initially and was thinking from heart than from mind when I posted the comments.

the documents received from factory with every car (there is some forms number related to RTO) has details of chassis and engine number.

in my case, the factory printed one extra numerical which doesn't exist on the car engine plate !!

RTO goes by the document that arrived with car not with what we write on the subsequent forms(as told by dealer)

hence, to correct this mistake !! RTO needs the amended forms from FIAT so that they can verify and get the corrections done to my car RC and issue new smart card.

now when you inspect the car, you see the chassis and engineer number and note it down, did anyone check the documents that FIAT has sent along with the car ? In my case none of those docs were shown to me and also wondering if others in this forum have gone to that limit to cross the factory issued forms ?I believe dealers doesn't even show it to end customers ?

As per dealer, FIAT regional manager visited the dealer and verified the claims and is in the process (for last 3 weeks)

god knows what process they are trying to come up with now.....in this last 8 months my dealer side SPOC has changed twice due to family issues.... Wondering how is Aadhya functioning when thier 2 sales guys have personal issues for last 8 months ?

may be I am still thinking in hot headedness due to my misfortune !!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Harish - The dealer provides Form 21 Sales certificate and the car manufacturer provides Form 22 Roadworthiness certificate. Usually, the RTO goes by the number filled in in Form 20, Form of Application for Registration of a Motor Vehicle. The dealer is supposed to cross check the vehicle, before filling in Form 21 (that is part of the PDI) and we as car buyers, are expected to verify Form 20. However, given our busy schedules, we tend to trust the dealer to fill form 20 correctly on our behalf and blindly sign the form.

In your case, I suspect a mistake in form 22 from FIAT, which has been carried forward to the other forms. Why don't you pick up the phone and call Mangesh? He might be able to help sort it out.

5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

The form that you are talking about is Form 22. Every car that comes out of the plant would carry a TC (Trade Certificate) and Form 22 with invoices etc. These are sent along with the car in transit to dealers across the country.

Let me explain what I know from the buying and registration process in AP.

Once a customer is done with the buying process, he/she is given a Temporary registration certificate and Insurance copy (this can be bought personally aswell) and a delivery challan, by the dealer. They take some time and prepare the invoice and Tax paid receipts. This should also be received by the customer (I was not given this last time when buying my Punto).

From the date of Temporary registration, the vehicle is allowed to drive around for one month with the TR. Within this one month, the vehicle is supposed to have a permanent registration.

Many customers get this permanent registration done from an agent recommended by the dealer. All the required documents are sent to the agent and he will come down to the RTO (they are mostly there on all working days) on a customer preferred day. Couple of signatures are taken on Forms which we never care to go through. These are 2 sets of Form 21, which are attested with Bank stamps for the purpose of Hypothication (Only where one opts for a loan). These Forms are not applicable where the vehicle is bought with full cash.
    The Agent then submits the forms and required fee at the counter and then comes to the Inspection yard where we are supposed to wait.
    And Inspection officer comes to each vehicle and the agent / customer has to read out the Chasis and the Engine number and then the same has to be imprinted on the Registration papers using a pencil and scrubbing on the embossed plate (VIN plate).

If one chooses to get the registration done by himself, as I did, we will receive the following documents from the dealer

1. Invoice (2 sets, one for the customer and the other for the RTO while getting the permanent registration)
    2. Tax paid receipt
    3. Temporary Registration Certificate (2 sets, one for the customer and the other for the RTO while getting the permanent registration)
    4. Insurace Certificate copy
    5. Form 21 (2 Sets, Attested with Bank stamps. Both for the RTO, may be one is sent back to the bank later. I am not sure about this part)
    6. Form 22 (1 copy, this is received from Ranjangaon and is madatory)
    7. Along with this, one has to submit a copy of his ID Proof (Pan Card) and Address Proof

I was not aware of all these earlier as both my earlier cars were registered through the dealer recommended agent. All I had to do was make couple of signatures and wait for the Inspecting officer, agent makes a note of the VIN plate on the Registration papers by scrubbing a pencil (Like tracing a rupee coin). A receipt is then given to us later. We can check the Registration number allotted to us on the RTO website the same evening. The RC Smart card is sent to our residence through speed post, which can take 3 days to couple of weeks before it reached you.
    You can continue driving the car around and produce the TR certificate and the green slip (which you receive after the registration) when a traffic cop ask for the documents.

Once we receive the Smart RC Card, we can get the number plates with the Permanent Registration number.

I know this is a long explanation. But might help several others who are unaware of this process (atleast in AP).

Coming to the crux of the post. Form 22 is very important and is the document which the RTO takes into consideration for Chasis and Engine number. I think the dealer should have another copy of the same (atleast a xerox) for their reference. If you can get hold of that document, then we can confirm if the goof up is indeed by Fiat.
    2 people like this.
  6. afzalpa

afzalpa Timido

need advice on Steering wheel have some kind of vibration

Hi all,

for my punto, once it reached near to 100km/hr steering wheel starts to vibrate.

for past one week i didnt took my car.

i checked my tire pressure, its normal only.

Please advice me
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

1 millionth thread on the same topic.

3 people like this.
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Need some help here. Its about 2 months since i bought the Tjet. I get about 10 Km/L in city (Bangalore) and the best mileage i have achieved on the highway 14.9 km/ltr till date with AC. Speeds on the highway is about 120 KM/hr and occasionally a few bursts when it comes down to about 12.5 Km/ltr. I have done about 2500KM.

I have read threads where few have quoted 16 Km to 20 Km per/L. Please suggest if the figures that i am getting is OK or do i need to change the way I drive. Or if the mileage would increase after doing a few more thousand kilometers. Please advise.