1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes! Disconnecting this hose affects signals of MAF (Mass Ait Flow) sensor.
    If you disconnect this pipe MAF it get poor signal of air flow.

Maruti DDiS also gives little bit slow throttle response if you test engine after opening of Air Filter cover.

From starting point to ending point of intake air, there should not
    any leakage of intake air.

This can be tested on Bajaj Scooter also.
    Remove the hose pipe & check throttle response.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Is it just 50 KMs range until the beeps start?
    Last time, the low fuel light started showing as soon as the needle was around/touching the upper red-mark. Could not fill straight away and the beeps started less than 10 KMs. I thought it is around the red zone that low-fuel indication starts. I didn't look at the range at that time but am pretty sure it should be more than 50 KMs.

Asif
  3. Shamis

Shamis Timido

While coming back from Jaipur, my gear stick got jammed near Bilaspur (25 km before Manesar to Gurgaon Toll Gate). I got it checked at a road side Maruti Service center, who opened up the complete gear assembly positioned just above Exhaust Manifold. the problem was there are two gear wires (or cables), one is for forward gears while the other one was for reverse gears. They cannot fix since no part available with them. Called roadside assistance of Fiat, who send a tow vehicle and dropped it at Torque Fiat, Gurgaon. left the vehicle and came to Noida (home), as a reference I checked with Oberoi Motors, Sec-63 (Mr. Rakesh / Mr. Rajgopalan) and with Kashyap Motors (Mr. Suresh - Okhla) both quoted that the single gear wire can be changed and would cost Rs. 2000/- + Rs. 500/- for Labor; whereas M/s Torque Fiat (Gurgaon) said they cannot do that and need to replace the complete assembly which cost around Rs. 8000 + Rs. 1000 for Labor. Now I am dilemma, coz to tow the vehicle from Sec-14 (Atul Kataria Chowk), Gurgaon to Okhla (Kashyap Motors) or to Noida, Sec - 63 (Oberoi) the crane/tow service is asking for Rs. 2500 and Rs. 3500/- respectively and another 2800 to get it done so ultimately the difference in total cost is negligible. When I called Fiat Service Customer care I was informed that it was my discretion where i get it done and so cannot help further.

So any idea here whether the Gear Wire (Cable) for Forward gears can be changed without replacing the complete assembly as stated by Kashyap & Oberoi motors. Thanks in advance for your valued input.

- - - Merged Post - - -

While coming back from Jaipur, my gear stick got jammed near Bilaspur (25 km before Manesar to Gurgaon Toll Gate). I got it checked at a road side Maruti Service center, who opened up the complete gear assembly positioned just above Exhaust Manifold. the problem was there are two gear wires (or cables), one is for forward gears while the other one was for reverse gears. They cannot fix since no part available with them. Called roadside assistance of Fiat, who send a tow vehicle and dropped it at Torque Fiat, Gurgaon. left the vehicle and came to Noida (home), as a reference I checked with Oberoi Motors, Sec-63 (Mr. Rakesh / Mr. Rajgopalan) and with Kashyap Motors (Mr. Suresh - Okhla) both quoted that the single gear wire can be changed and would cost Rs. 2000/- + Rs. 500/- for Labor; whereas M/s Torque Fiat (Gurgaon) said they cannot do that and need to replace the complete assembly which cost around Rs. 8000 + Rs. 1000 for Labor. Now I am dilemma, coz to tow the vehicle from Sec-14 (Atul Kataria Chowk), Gurgaon to Okhla (Kashyap Motors) or to Noida, Sec - 63 (Oberoi) the crane/tow service is asking for Rs. 2500 and Rs. 3500/- respectively and another 2800 to get it done so ultimately the difference in total cost is negligible. When I called Fiat Service Customer care I was informed that it was my discretion where i get it done and so cannot help further.

So any idea here whether the Gear Wire (Cable) for Forward gears can be changed without replacing the complete assembly as stated by Kashyap & Oberoi motors. Thanks in advance for your valued input.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The Forward gear wire (or Cable) got snapped on my fiat punto regarding which I've posted the above query.

Your comments would be highly appreciated.
  4. Protection code symbol stays on............

Goodmorning to all fiaticians,
    In my 1.3 multijet punto,odo 24k , when i start my car ,a kind of symbol stays on in yellow colour,i refer to the symbol in the manual book it indicates the protection code of engine, i dont know what happened to my car. some times it dissappear. sometimes its on in running. is it a major issue? please help me friends,can i run my car?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check Battery. That should be the first culprit. In fact first disconnect and reconnect the battery once. If it is gone, then you do not have to worry else check its voltage while cranking.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The pilot lights are LEDs. Can anyone has did this DIY?

Please put some light on these pilot lights. Thanks Shashank for showing these pilot lights in your linea :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Those pilot lights are connected to the headlamp circuit and will come on when the headlights (at least parking lights) are switched on. If some one is able to open the roof light in the Punto and post a picture of the wires / connectors available, I can help with a write up on a DIY for doing this in the Punto.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Rajan Sir for the reply. Will upload the pix soon :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have this in my car. Added it after I accidentally dropped something in the rear cabin and couldn't find it in the dark. It's a fairly simple job. The led is placed at a very discreet location (it's not visible unless you are looking for it) and is connected to the roof light console at the front. The light throw at night is amazing, the entire cabin is lit up in a soft bluish-white light (not to the extent that you may brand it as a cheap Japanese kind of 'neon lights' mod). I have added one in the boot too, as I found the existing light inadequate.

_DSC0022.jpg

_DSC0010.jpg

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0191.jpg
    5 people like this.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    RTO Documentation Mismatch

Team, need help my car documentation shows a different engine number as against what has been imprinted on the engine, there is a extra number on the RTO details.

Aadhya Motors says this issue is due to FIATs mistake and I'm left in a lurch for last 6odd months now without a resolution.

wrote to Mangesh as well, not very responsive in pushing the matter to closure for last 1 month.

how do I solve it? As I have run out of option and patience, i am considering filing a case against Aadhya and as well as FIAT in consumer court, I know it should be the last step but I feel there is no hope!!