1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I would recommend starting amicably. If you start with blasting, most likely they will claim all was well when the car was delivered and wash their hands off all responsibility (remember, you have no way of proving that they were at fault)

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have feeling that it is not the air filter that was not connected. I can't believe any sensible person will close the bonnet without fixing the air filter hoses, well clamped. Is it the small hose on the left side of the engine that was disconnected? It doent have a clamp, but just has a push and lock kind of a mechanism.
    airfilter.jpg
    Image credit: Google Images, IAB
    2 people like this.
  3. iamharishkm

iamharishkm Timido

Bangalore

fiatlover,

It is exactly what you have mentioned (I have attached a pic).
    linea.jpg

Now please forgive my ignorance and advice me in this new context.

But again, is it ok to drive the car without connecting it? Any possible threats? The car behaviour was absolutely pathetic before connecting this hose. Kindly advice.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I dont think not connecting this hose will lead to power loss. I had been in such a situation. I completed service a took delivery of the car from KHT late in the evening and I had to do a long drive (400kms) next early morning. I saw the disconnected hose only when I opened the bonnet after reaching my native place. I didn't feel any power loss during the 7 hours non-stop drive.
    I don't think there is anything to be worried about. I did the next service after doing some 5000+ kms and everything was fine.

I guess the thread title needs to be changed. :)
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think the only effect of this pipe being disconnected, would be warmer air entering the engine, thus affecting performance a bit. Other than that, there will be no long term damage.

Rajan
  6. iamharishkm

iamharishkm Timido

Bangalore
    Happy to know that there is nothing to worried about. And regarding the power loss with rough engie noise, it was very much existent in my linea.

Also, how do I edit the thread title? :confused:
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you cant edit. report any post of yours to mods using the black triangular icon on left bottom of the post. they will edit it for you.
  8. iamharishkm

iamharishkm Timido

Bangalore

Thanks a lot!
  9. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I had faced the same issue when I took delivery from Concorde after a service(late evening) and fixed it myself the next day. I generally check the car next day if I pickup late evening and to my dismay the coolant tank was empty :uh, so had to go back to Concorde to refill that as well. I did not notice any power loss or noise as such.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The air inlet hose coming loose is a common issue which exists in my car also.
    It is because of the lock mechanism not capable of holding the tube.
    However there is no power loss observed and the car is running fine.

Rajeev