1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rohan,

The Dealer is BSing you, dont take his word. The RTO is supposed to enter the full and correct VIN no in the Chassis no section. The dealer is at fault here and want to save the RC change cost, dont let him off the hook.

Even I had got the issue of one character missing in the VIN, I stood firm and told the dealer to get it rectified. I got the RC a couple of days back with correct details. It took me a complete 45 days to get the issue rectified.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Fuel Meter shows less after filling full tank

I am noticing that my Fuel reading is showing little less than full after a full tank.
    I normally do a auto cut at the fuel station.

I am wondering that,

Is it a problem with the nozzle ? I have not changed the fuel station for last 2/3 refills. but used different nozzles, so the problem cannot happen to multiple nozzles having problem in the same station.

Problem in my fuel meter/float ?
    Are there some kind of residue at the bottom of the tank which can cause this ?

Why some people shake their car to fill more petrol, as petrol is liquid it should immediately fill all empty space, how moving/shaking the vehicle allow more fuel to be filled ? Are there compartment inside the fuel tank ?

Also, after a drive of 30-40 km, when I see the mileage (say 16 kmpl) and I switch off the car, next day I see it has dropped to 15.3 how is it possible ? I have not driven it at all. Also how much fuel it might take for a start so that the mileage drops so much ? Has anyone noticed this kind of behaviour ?
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I noticed it too twice in my Linea and that too in HP pumps.

I usually fill in IOC near my place and use auto cut off feature which fills it as per norms, the needle movement is near perfect barring 1-2 millimeter

however during HP fill up a with the auto cut off , the needle is more like 4-5 mm off set from the gauge full point.

what I missed to note is how many liters was in the tank before this happened, but I presume there is no right or wrong method to calculate the left over fuel.... as even the reserve light or sign lights up erratically depending if the car is on incline or on level ground... Any thoughts ?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    You are right. I am filling in HP pump. last 2/3 refills I am doing at the brookefields HP pump, before I used to fill at Marathalli HP pump where it never happend. let me try at a different pump next time. Cannot say how much was remaing when I filled, may be 4-5 litres, I could fill only 38 litre. Needle shows some 3-4 lire less as per my assumption.

Fuel.jpg.JPG
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try once tank full (no cut off) and see where is needle, I feel its correct.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what I have observed is that whenever fuelling is stopped at auto cutoff, the needle is just before the full tank mark. sometimes when diesel is filled to brim after cut off, the needle reaches full tank mark.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    guys,
    Same here. Even i am noticing this since last few months. I did a tankful from different pumps but..the results were same...be it IOC, BP or HP. 99% of the time i do a tankful from IOC which is next to my home. So, at every tankful i add 1.5-2 lts extra in to thank thank. After that only the fuel gauge reaches to the max level. :confused: i checked with FASS and they said..there must be a problem with dispenser nozzle.

After that i didn't bother to find out.. why so???
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I can fill the tank to make the needle touch the full tank mark , but the reason I am worried is, I have never faced this issue before even though I always use auto cutoff. Let me check at other pump first.

Now it looks like many Fiatians has the same issue, anyways we can live with t surely :) .

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have seen when the fuel comes to the E mark and first time low fuel warning comes up (checke on highway drive and on plane road ), my Linea will still have 7-8 litres of fuel. I normally fill hardly 37-38 Litres,the fuel tank being 45 Litres.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The auto cut off at the dispenser is usually due to back pressure from the fuel tank, does not neccessarily mean that the fuel tank is full. There is always some space to fill additional fuel. If you stop refueling at auto cut off then you will always see the fuel guage needle not to touch or exceed the full marking.

I normally get some additional fuel filled post the auto cut off to the nearest round figure of the cost or the fuel.
    3 people like this.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    When riding out stations, I try the above method so that I get that extra liters into the tank ... When I do that the needle goes 1-2 mm beyond Full mark !! Not that I am too bothered but the sense that I might be cheated by the bunk fellas prevails when I don't see the needle on the right markings.