1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Gear ratio's are fixed if you are at 2000 RPM in 5 th gear it should be aeound 80 kmph. It certainly cannot be 30-40 kmph as you mentioned.
    RPM's may not have reached 2000 RPM in your case.
    1 person likes this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I have used STP once in my Linea. No changes at all , nothing improved nor deteriorated.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Tire profile would have MID reading a bit erroneous but not so much off.
    Have the turbo hoses checked. A small leak can decrease mileage with just minimal loss in power.
    If it started just after using STP try changing Fuel Filter.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think better way if removal of the injectors not possible is can of pressurized solvent that's designed for on-car injector cleaning (after the fuel pump is temporarily disconnected).
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    If that's true, then I apologize for posting wrong information... :hit
    But still, I did notice a disproportionate increase in engine sound... The kind you get when your clutch is half engaged while in motion. My car was screaming, but wasn't moving at the speed that you would normally expect for such a sound. It just doesn't make sense. :confused:
    Ps- before someone suggests, my clutch is fine. ;)
  6. Sunilreddy

Sunilreddy Timido

hyderabad
    Thank You, all my dear fellow Team-fiatians for your valuable suggestions.I'll start by checking turbo hoses for leak & changing of fuel filter because it is easy on wallet & time :D.If nothing happens then will think about injectors.
  7. Rohan Desai

Rohan Desai Timido

Mumbai,India
    The Smart Card RC book doesn't mention the entire VIN no., is this true ?

Hi Guys,

As everyone is aware i have recently purchased my Linea, 2 days back i received my RC smart card. One thing that surprised me was that, the VIN no. i.e. "MCAXXXXXXXYYYYYYYABC" is not completly mentioned. The last 3 letters "ABC" is not mentioned on the card. Seeing this, i inquired with the dealership "Torrid Fiat" and they said, the RTO systems at Andheri have changed and a cap on the size of the series have been kept, hence the letters are missing. :eek:
    I am not quite convinced by the answer, hence would like to have hear from other members who have recently purchased vehicle from Torrid or have done their vehicle passing at Andheri RTO.

Regards,
    Rohan
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My smartcard issued by KR Puram(B'lore) RTO shows Chassis No. as MCA11071E090xxxxxJNZ.

Rajan
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even my smart card has full VIN.

You can check few other owners from same RTO. Or better to visit RTO once and get it clarified.
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The smartcard which I just received in Pune a week back has the full VIN number. I would suggest that you confirm this with the RTO.