1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I have no problems till now to match shade during repaint.
  2. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Even I have the same color and never faced any issues to match the color.
  3. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Thanks.... Checked the paper and it came from Europ Assistance. it is a single sheet of while paper (Can it be called a certificate, I don't know.. but it does have the Chassis number and my name.. So I believe that's it.) I also downloaded the pdf version from the link .. thanks guys for helping me out.

Note: Felt the restaurant bill was better than the A4 paper certificate for extended warranty. May be Fiat way of cost cutting.
  4. Sunilreddy

Sunilreddy Timido

hyderabad
    Drop in milage after using fuel treatment & injector cleaner

Hi facing problem with my linea MJD FE.Mine is 2011 MJD it used to retain a healthy mileage of 13-14kmpl with 100% AC on in hyderabad traffic :dance.My daily usage is 40-50 Kms.But after using "STP DIESEL FUEL TREATMENT & INJECTOR CLEANER" the mileage drastically fell to 10kmpl :shocked.It happened to both my cars :A(LINEA & FIESTA TDCI) after using STP.LInea clocked 45k & fiesta 98k. Did any one face similar kind of problem & any suggestions what to do in this matter.The showroom guys :confused were not much use in this matter.Need help to increase my FE. 30d1384544162-low-mileage-punto-dynamic-mjd-1-3-stp-diesel-fuel-treatment-injector-cleaner-236ml.jpg
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Drop in milage after using fuel treatment & injector cleaner

I have read your post already in some other forum.

Am afraid none here have used this STP additive. We lot have used System D and ABRO.

Coming to your case, did you try switching bunks? And how did you calculate the FE? MID or tankful to tankful?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Try taking a drive on the open road and then see what figures come up. City drives aren't ideal. Using these cleaner solvents won't result in such a drastic reduction.

FIAT mentions not to use such additives and I tend to follow that advice. Never used and never will.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Sunilreddy

Sunilreddy Timido

hyderabad
    Ya i switched the bunk.checked FE by full tank after completing 100 kms got it full again it took 9-10 ltrs, did this couple of times but same .

- - - Merged Post - - -

Gurjinder ji, I frequently go to airport on ORR which is very fun to drive because it traffic free.If i constantly maintain 100kms with ac on its Showing me 14.1 -14.8 Kmp/l,tried the same with ac off its about 15-16. Before using STP it used to show an average of 19-21Kmp/l (Hyderabad to Bangalore drive). So i am not understanding is it a fault of additive or other issues.I changed air filter to check if that's the culprit but no improvement. Planning to change diesel filter.Any more suggestions ?I changed the stock Goodyear 195/60 R15 tyres with Yokohama V550 AVS DB Tubeless 195/65 R15 tyres. can this upgrade change my FE ?
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Loss of power

I'm facing this peculiar problem wherein the turbocharger on my Mjd fails to kick-in. Its not a frequent problem, having occurred just twice in a span of 3 months.
    The issue first cropped up when I was on my way to Bangalore on an urgent matter. I was cruising at around 80kmph, slowed down for a hump and when I tried to accelerate again the car just refused to pick up speed. The revs were building up healthily, but there was no speed! I had to shift into first gear for even small inclines. I had observed previously that in fifth gear, at around 2000rpm, the vehicle speed is around 80-90kmph, but now the speed was around 30-40kmph!
    I parked the car and called up the road side assistance number. After being quizzed by an idiot for 20 mins, I was told that they couldn't send a vehicle and asked me to contact a private towing service instead. I was disappointed and decided to try and limp my way back to the service centre that was a good 50kms away. I somehow managed to reach the service centre after a painstakingly slow drive only to be greeted by an adamant and rather rude service advisor who refused to take a look at my car, despite me pleading with him many times about it being a case of breakdown and that I was ready to leave my car behind and he could inspect it at his leisure! His contention was that since I didn't have an appointment, he couldn't inspect my car. He asked me to go back home, make an appointment and come back later! At this point I lost my cool. A couple of my acquaintances, who work at the showroom, intervened and forced him to accept car and take a look.
    He did, but after making me wait for a good 2 hrs. He plugged in the computer and checked for error messages, but there were none. He left. Then after another wait of 1hr, he returned with another mechanic and inspected the underbody of the car. Again he left. Then followed another long wait, after which he took the car for a drive with the comp connected. He returned from the drive and went away leaving the car. This time, I followed him and asked him if he had found the fault, to which he replied that it was fixed ( I seriously felt like slapping him for his ego, he could have said that after he returned from the drive- I was right there. ) I then pestered 'his highness' as to what had happened to which he replied, rather vaguely, that egr valve was clogged and that he had cleaned it. As I was in a hurry to reach Bangalore, I didn't spare a second thought to his diagnosis and just left after thanking him grudgingly.
    I hadn't thought about the issue since then, having dismissed it as a one off incident, but it returned today to haunt me. I faced the same problem- on a highway- 100kmph- slow down- accelerate- no power. This time though, I depressed the clutch, revved the engine hard and then tried moving again only to find that it was miraculously normal!
    I'm rather puzzled by this strange behaviour. I have made an appointment on Monday ( as per his wish) , but this time around I want to armed with some knowledge before facing that fellow again.
    Please help me out here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Seems like the case of a sticky EGR valve to me.
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Also, get the intercooler hoses checked for any tear or loose connection. I had jerky/no power etc symptoms which got cured when the torn hose was replaced. The EGR/Intake of my engine are still clogged pretty bad but driveabilty is fine. Will gauge the difference once they are cleaned.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.