1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: fuel consumption on mid

Vijay & Royj have rightly pointed out : change the units. You will be fine

Refer the manual.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: punto 90hp-issues rectified happily ever after

Title changed.

And good to know your issues are solved.

@amol-bhai, the issue was with height adjustment system with most of the owner.
    I assume there is no height adjustment feature in Active variant. So your issue is again unique. :hit
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto 90hp-issues rectified..happily ever after

Good that things got resolved.

The delay though is still unacceptable. And also the non-response to e-mails.

They are not even selling cars in huge numbers. So why the delay in responding to emails.

I have realised one thing though : if you send an email to too many people at the same time : there is delay in response.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto 90hp-issues rectified..happily ever after

Valid point. Emailing to correct person is always better option.
    And service@fiapl.com should be the starting point for any communication. Let them internally forward to concerned person.
    What could be happening, when someone sends email for parts to service help and Ajay Bhatnagar, the person looking into service emails might ignore to forward that to Ajay etc.
    But yes, sometimes, if you are not getting response, one need to escalate to seniors.
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: fuel consumption on mid

thankyou vijay, royj and amogh

problem solved.....
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

Hello All,
    Just to updat you. I went to the service centre. The guys there did some programmiing and immediately all my issues related the Blue and Me and the points above have got resolved ::O . Now when the left door is open it shows as left and when the right door is openn then it shows as right!!

One more thing I would like to know. There was no wiper fluid in my car . I went to the service centre and the guys there said it is just plain water that needs to be filled in the washer container. In the cars manual its specifically written that it is a mixture of distilled water , alchohol and some other stuff. When I told this at the service center the guy said that in case that is required then for this additional amount has to be paid. On pointing out that the car did NOT have any wiper fluid from the company itself ; the guy said that the company by default fills it with plain water only and NOT with anything specific as has been written in the car manual. My doubt is :
    1. Can normal water be used in place of the specific solution as mentioned in the car manual ?
    2. If normal water is used can it cause any damage to any part (like the pump ?)\

Further there is no ash tray in my car. Though I dont smoke but that does not mean it should be absent in my car. One of my friend who bought Punto 75hp in April-10 has the ash tray. When i told this to the showroom guy he said that the ash tray used to come sometime back . Now they have stopped giving it. Does anyone know if this is true ? Mine is a June-10 90hp MJD model and i purchased it on 31dec 2010
    Please give inputs.
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

^ I also did not get the AshTray, though I got the cigarette lighter. Funny, why give a cigarette lighter if you can't give an ashtray? Or did anybody flick it? The way the cars were placed in the dealer's backyard, it was a "free for all".

About the wiper fluid thing, I am speculating if you use normal water, it might be hard and may block the sprinklers, I don't know if damage to pump can occur. I did refill once with borewell water and after filling some, I realized it could be a mistake. Better be safe and fill from aquaguard or kent.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

- Yes, normal water can be used. If you want, you can add like 4-5 drops of shampoo to the water. Do not add too much as this would lead to foaming.
    - Normal water wont do any damage. You can add water from Aquaguard for your satisfaction.

Check your rear windscreen washer. Is it working?
    I had noticed after a few days that even my car's water reservoir was empty. When I filled it, I came to realize that rear washer wasn't working.
    - Reason was that the pipe had got disconnected from the reservoir in the engine compartment (as told by RoyJ sir who had the same issue). It was just a 1 minute job for the service center to reconnect the pipe at the time of first service. But until then, my washer fluid reservoir used to get empty soon after filling it with water.
  9. chefvikas

chefvikas

Kolkata
    Re: did it !!

[attachment=0:1677reqx]DSC_0248.jpg[/attachment:1677reqx][attachment=0:1677reqx]DSC_0248.jpg[/attachment:1677reqx][attachment=0:1677reqx]DSC_0248.jpg[/attachment:1677reqx]Guys kindly see the pics and comment .. Is it OK to have this little dent job done locally other than to visit the ASS?/I found there is a huge price difference , almost a hundred percent between the two qotes!!

DSC_0248.jpg
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: did it !!

This doesnt look like a serious deep dent, rather a very basic pushed in dent, probably a single push from back side will get it straight.
    Get it done from some one whom you trust, doesnt need to be TASS specific.