1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks crusader, will try boro plus type thick one, I never tried any moisturizer, thinking it will slip even more :)
    I like the OEM leather wheel wrapped steering very much , don't want to put any more cover.

2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I usually wear fingerless leather gloves during long drives. Helps in improving grip, keeps palms from sweating and provides additional support for the thumbs.

2009tourmasterselectfin.jpg

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    The two colors which FIAT used to advertise Video and Still, FR and FTA are no longer there.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My office colleague has sweaty palms. He uses a hand towel/hand kerchief to wipe the sweat off his palms, keeps one each on the thighs and occasionally wipes. Other than that he managed to stick two sweat bands on the steering wheel.
    Applying moisturizer will further reduce the grip, I wouldnt advice that.
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    That's right. Sweaty Palm is a different problem altogether and in this case it is definitely not advisable to use moisturizing solutions. For that the other two options I have provided along with the glove option may prove handy.
    I was referring to a situation where dry and hard palms (non-soft) also cause friction to be reduced between palm and steering wheel. For that it is a good idea to soften up your palms by applying little bit of moisturizing solutions.
    Normally I don't like steering wheel cover or wearing gloves so I keep a boro plus tube in my car especially for long trips and apply it whenever required.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Unsure, but it might help, tie some rubber bands on the spot where you grip the steering, see if any change to the situation.

OT - I used it on my cycle handle and was sourced from the sweet box that dad used to bring occasionally.
    i required it as I used to live in a hilly region and had to peddle hard and handle grip played a crucial part. Those days i used to have normal hero cycle without gears
    2 people like this.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    FIAT please add a feature on the steering - a perforated air vent and some heating element.
    Too much to ask, but who knows may be Rajan will surprise us with a project like that :)
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    What I heard (as a reason for stopping these colors, I am not very sure whether this is true or not :helmet) from an SE is, FIAT wants to keep some exclusive colors for their cars. When some other car comes with the same shade (or a similar shade) they will discontinue that color. Now fluidic Verna is available in a shade similar to Flamenco red. They have also stopped electric blue as other manufacturers came up with similar shades.

Now if this is true, they will very soon discontinue Oceanic Blue as well - I have seen few Ventos in a similar shade :(
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ If this is true, then White and Black cannot exist :evilsmile

Rajan
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore

Manza & Honda has/had the golden colour, and Why FIAT now started the pearl white which is a very old and popular shade in most of the car.

I have heard that the stopped the colours which they find difficult to match in case of repaint.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013