1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    More than the company, its the pump from where you source the fuel is of far greater importance. I try to go to only Company owned Company operated pumps in Delhi, whether they are of BPCL,IOCL or HP.
    1 person likes this.
  2. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    With Shell, you get consistent mileage, but with others the mileage varies based on the Brand and pump. If you feel your vehicle is running on steroids after a refill, then you can be sure the fuel is of good quality and this happens whenever I fill in Shell.

I do not use Super or Premium fuel.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Shell fuel is as good as it can get for both diesel and petrol. However, the higher price of diesel negates any benefit derived from fueling at Shell.

My previous car (Liva) and Palio runs perfectly fine and smooth with Shell petrol, however, somehow my bike gets more heated with the Shell petrol but runs best on IOCL petrol.

As far as I am aware of Shell sources its fuel from MRPL Mangalore.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Based on the info, there doesn't seem to be a difference between Shell regular and Shell super. They both have additives that keep the total system clean and free from corrosion except that Shell super has some trade secret named "with fuel economy". However, I had no hiccups while using Shell regular for my 2 wheeler. Now, I'm sticking with an Indianoil pump (with no issues AFAIK) for both my car and motorcycle for want of Citibank turbo points and free fuel ::V

Shell diesel has additives ("with Fuel economy" formula) and they don't sell regular diesel. So, Shell diesel is a big NO for MJD and other Indian Diesel cars as manufacturers advice to stay away from these premium Diesels.

For Southern region, Shell sources fuel from MRPL and CPCL, Chennai (Source: A well informed employee who has been working with CPCL).
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ...except, Shell Super being ~ ₹ 10 more expensive per liter :eek:. Tried it once and did not feel VFM. At ~ ₹ 400 more per tank, I do not see benefit for the extra money spent.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  6. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    There is surely lots of difference b/w shell and others.
    I use shell for both my two wheeler and punto.
    Even before my punto arrived, i felt the difference in my unicorn, Shell gives far better pickup and good mileage.
  7. Add a 1 ml/l of system G, you will feel similar difference with cheaper petrol from navrathna companies.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    But is it good to add such fuel additives ? And does it mean that Shell is also doing that ?
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Shell petrol is definitely better. I used to tank up at Shell during my ownership of Santro. There was a time when I switched to the so called IOCs, BPs and HPs when Shell sold at prevailing market rates. Soon I realized that the engine became too noisy, drop in pickup and mileage as well. Reverted to Shell and rest was in peace till I sold it off.

Even to this day most of my friends do tank up at Shell as their cars' are petrol driven.
  10. Similar if not the same, I have used system G for all my petrol cars