1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Shell outlets do not adulterate or cheat, for sure. I always fill up at Shell, unless I am on the highway. I do not use the Shell Super, though.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Rajan,

Have you noticed any change in mileage ?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I use Shell exclusively in the city and usually get around 13 to 14.5, in city, 100% AC. I use others only on highway drives. So I do not believe I will be able to do a correct mileage comparison. However, here is one observation during my recent trip to Sabarimala.

5 Adults + boot full of luggage. First tankful at Shell in the city returned 17.2 kmpl. Refill at Theni, returned only 13.5. Must be due to bad roads and ghat sections, but there was a noticeable power loss, which magically disappeared with the next refill.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    For Petrol, Shell is the best by far. When it comes to diesel, I think some of the HP bunks have equally good quality fuel if not better. I have used them both regularly and there is no visible difference in mileage or power with both.

Inference from my side, Shell diesel is good but my multijet likes HP better.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

When we had our i10 in Bangalore, we would always tank up at shell only. Used to be cheaper by Rs 1 a litre. On demand, they clean the cars' windshields.Better service and well behaved staff. Less rush as you find only petrol vehicles there - no trucks, autos, Taxis etc.

Shell diesel is too expensive.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I think there is price difference for Petrol and Diesel (normal) at Shell and other bunks may be 3 to 4 rupees..
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Petrol price is Shell bunk is same price or little less than other brand bunks, but Shell's diesel cost RS 68 in bangalore
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

For Petrol, Shell is as good as it can get.

For diesel, and in particular for our MJDs, IOCL is the best.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    And to be more precise, SHELL purchases fuel from state owned oil refineries like ONGC, IOCL, and BPCL. SHELL do not have a refinery of it's own in India. SHELL pumps are known to perfectly maintain both the quality (read as no adulteration) and quantity (heard that these pumps are under continuous surveillance using CCTV cameras).

So IOCL/BPCL/HPCL fuel should be no different when compared to SHELL as long as the PSU pumps maintain accurate quality and quantity.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not think it is that straight forward. This is what Shell claims in their website:

I am sure some kind of processing / additive blending happens with the fuel sourced, before being shipped to the outlets.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.