1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Who do we contact for service records of FIATs?

We're on the lookout for a used T-Jet and came across 3 vehicles on the net; have spoken to the dealers selling them and got their registration numbers. One car is in Chennai and the other 2 in Bombay.We called RAMKAY FIAT and a friend in Bombay called one of the Fiat service centres there (not sure which one, will ask him later).Both centres said they do not have the complete service history, and that we will have to contact 'Pune' Head-quarters to get complete service history of these cars. They said that the service records for all cars serviced by Tata before FIAT exclusive service centers took over, have been transferred to the database of the Pune HQ, but not to the databases of the individual FIAT exclusive service centres. They can only provide details of maintenance done by them, when provided with the engine & chasis numbers. How do we go about getting the service records and vehicle history?We are unaware of who to contact (which person, phone number, e-mail).We spoke to a well known person of Vecto service, and he says FIAT head office will not disclose vehicle history details and neither will any manufacturer :eek: !But in this thread, member mchanna was able to get the service history from Pandit Auto Pune. :confused:What do we do?
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Complete database should be available with FASS. If not, look for any TASS who is still handling FIAT cars, old database should be readily available with them. I would suggest you to visit the FASS/TASS in person rather than enquiring over the phone.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Just spoke to the Fiat helpline. I am told they do not have the info. I've mailed Mr Mangesh Kodalkar regarding the issue.
    As I said, the FASSes said they do not have the complete database. I do not want to travel to Chennai/Bombay without checking the cars' service history.
    Do you think Concorde Motors Bangalore will be able to provide service history of the cars serviced in Chennai & Bombay?
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

FASS has everything, they are just using that excuse. :D

You should take the unofficial path, sometimes. ;)

The route you took, no one would be ready to disclose the details.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Thanks Sai. What do you suggest I do?
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Make friends with an SA at the FASS you frequent, and sit with him while he is at the DMS, casually slip him the number and he can pull out the records. Just say that you want to see, do not induce fear in him by asking for printouts and stuff. :)
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Well, the concerned SA is well acquainted with us, and the FM of Vecto is a friend, in spite of which we were denied the information :A I guess we shall have to try with Aadya/KHT tomorrow.
  8. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Possible, it should be a single database maintained across the country.
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Just back from Ebony/Aadya. We need to produce a photocopy of the RC to get the service history.
  10. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Shell Petrol - Good or Bad ?

Hi Friends,

Recently one of colleagues told me that "Shell Petrol" (or Diesel) is one of the purest fuel available in the country. I didn't agree to that, as we are hearing a lot about the quality of premium petrol and diesel now a days.

But still I would like to hear from the experts in the forum :D...

Guys,

What is your take on this ? Is it good or bad ?