1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    best option is to get your service done in pune unless you are really pressed for time there. it may not take more than 3-4 hours but might need booking in advance.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Glad that tempers have cooled down. Its always better to be safe than sorry :) . I did 2100 Kms since I was doing a lot of running around between Hosur (My parents place) and Bangalore( My in-laws place) . Point to Point distance should not be more than 1800 Kms , give or take a few kilometers depending on the location in both the cities.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Query about service grace kilometers/period

@navi: My suggestion to you is the following, this is what I did when I knew that am going to overshoot the 15k mark by few hundreds.

Call up the service centre where you propose to service the car/claim warranty, check with the concerned explaining the situation and if it is okay if the ODO is a little above the specified number.

I have done the same with 2 different dealers on 2 different occasions and both were cool with it, they just said make sure it doesn't cross the required number by more than 1k kms.

As simple as that.

Even if you service now at 3k kms, your next service should be at 13k kms technically.

And the first service is nothing. They just check engine oil level, coolant level, clean the air filter if necessary and wash the car. There are few people like me who got the engine oil and oil filter changed during first service too but that is upto the individual.
  4. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    why not drop a mail to fiat and clarify? if they give some margin, and later anyone tries to play smart around warranty/EW, tag and bag them with the email. if they dont give a margin.., well, be an alert fiat owner and spend that 1 hour. 1st service is a joke anyway, if all is well.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    100-200 Kms are fine as grace.As far as possible try doing it before the stipulated Kms to avoid any future issues especially EW.
  6. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    little info needed

i am having a problem in my front left suspension setup... i ordered these item along with link rods ..

punto__1.3_mulrijet_suspension_front_1.jpg

And I am gonna do it myself along with a local mechanic. the only prob I am having is that .. in the older( current ) suspension setup i cant see the component depicted in the attached image as "RING" .. can anyone help me about what is this and where it goes in newer suspension setup ,
    P.S. i find the elastic pads are bit modded from the older one too.:confused:

mine is a 2011 model.. plz dont tell me .. that ring is a part of higher GC kit !! :(
  7. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG-20131101-WA0016.jpg IMG-20131101-WA0016.jpg

This is the current suspention setup.. Where is that ring in it?

- - - Merged Post - - -

IMG-20131101-WA0016.jpg IMG-20131101-WA0016.jpg

This is the current suspention setup.. Where is that ring in it?
  8. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone... please?
  9. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I believe the Ring (made of rubber) attaches to the white part of the pad aka bearings for more stability and noise insulation.
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Check tire pressure on all tires. Sometimes when I under inflate my ZLOs the car tends to give sluggish mileage. I maintain 32 psi on all tires.