1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

I am not saying one enters the SC just below 15000 kms but one can go there well before touching the 15000 mark as well, say at 14,700 kms or whatever.
    I myself took my car for service at 15,689 kms and even I argued with my SA on this that how does 500 kms more or less matter, but he was the one who gave me an example of a person who was denied warranty claim for something that had gone wrong in his engine. So he adviced me not to take any chance and himself wrote 14988 kms on my car's job card.

And that is ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Good going man. Good for you. :clapping
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Query about service grace kilometers/period

So according to your theory even if ODO is reading a km more we are in soup. Thanks for your thoughts but I do not take it. :)
  3. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    If my thoughts don't do the job for you, then you take whatever you want to man. And take it deep inside.

Instead of being extra cautious about everything, be it driving your car, modifying your ride or its upkeep, etc. we slowly divulge onto the wrong path and then we indulge into doing so and then we advice the others to follow the same practice and then we boast about it.

The moment one starts to debate like a kid, "ek km badh jaye to kya hoga aur 10 km badh gaye to vo mera kya ukhaad lenge", the whole purpose of a forum like this is defeated. And we can't go round n round discussing the same freaking point again & again.

Think about it this way guys. Not everybody is a car enthusiast here, so when people ask about anything and when you advice about service procedure or any such thing one has to keep that in mind.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  4. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    well, I can't see why tempers are rising here.

I have done one of the three free services a bit 'late', something like 300km? since it was within the stipulated time, they punched in the actual odo reading and things went smooth. Have claimed EW once ever since, touch wood.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Theoretically yes, one can get claim rejected even if its 1 KM more.

The rule is 5/15K or less, so why to wait for exactly 15K, better to do it bit early.

Though these small thing should not matter in reality, but you never know. Warranty and/or extended warranty can be rejected on this ground.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Query about service grace kilometers/period

Ravi, so you mean to say whatever real time experiences have been shared here hold no value?

There are atleast 3 of them who have serviced x kms after the number and have had no problems with both warranty and extended warranty. So we have facts for this side.

What about the other side? Is there anyone on the forum whose warranty or EW claim being rejected on these grounds, that is <1k kms tolerance.

I think it is clear now, to be factual rather than claiming it to be a problem without any facts to boot. :)
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How you reach to 1K figure? Everybody will have their own meaning of small, xxx, kms.
    Tomorrow one can say, if you are approving 1K, why not 1.5K more. There is no end.

If few got it done under warranty, doesn't mean other can't be rejected.
    There are cases reported on forum about EW rejected because of delay in service.
    3 people like this.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    So if I understand it correctly, there is no clear policy in black and white and is subject to so many conditions if violated. It may not turn out to be a problem if magical number is exceeded by a small margin but if you are destined to get screwed that may be a reason good enough. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be on safer side and let my wife's Access do the errands and office commute for next few days to save on KMs. Doesn't seem to be a good idea to let your guardian angel fly away for a few days of fun.

Flywheel - IIRC you put close to 2.1 K on ODO when you came to Bangalore. Did it include sight seeing/going around in the city on days you were here? Or was it just point to point travel distance?
    2 people like this.
  9. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    People who participate on a daily basis on tfi are enthusiasts and enthusiasts generally keep good terms with their mechanics, SAs, dealerships, etc. So its most likely that people replying on this post would be people who have never or very seldom faced such a problem.
    But it is people who are not that much into cars who might suffer from your advice.
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The same way we reached at the 1 KM figure? :)

I did not say that.

If you paid some attention, you would also note that services were missed for more than 2.5k kms for EW REJECTION CASES.

And I am still waiting for facts.

I am out of this topic, and am not advocating you guys to get your cars serviced late, it's your car do what you want. I just shared my experience and I know what I am doing to my cars.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013