1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Misalignment WILL cause steering vibration, but not everytime, only for few kms immediately after the alignment (especially the Toe) is disturbed (till the tire gets used to the new alignment).
    Take for example, when the car run over a considerable big pot hole @ laden condition and the alignment gets disturbed due to bent lower arms / tie rods.
    On driving, the tires will be stressed to follow a different path which they were not used to. At lower speeds this will not be noticeable. When the speed goes up, one could feel the mild vibration in steering for few kms. During this course of time, tire gets wear out to match the disturbed alignment.

All these were exaggerated phenomena and could not be observed visually. Special equipment and detailed study is required to visualize it.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Query about service grace kilometers/period

Hi Guys,

I have a question - would be great if some one please help me with the answer.

My Jet has done 2.5K as of today. I am planning to go to Pune in mid November which will be a 2K KM+ trip. Between today and then, I am very likely to do another 500 KMs on Jet. And the first service is due at 5K KMs/six months. There is every possibility that I will cross the 5K mark before I return back home. What should I do? Should I get my car serviced at ~3K and go with a peace of mind? Should I come back and get my car serviced at 5K+? Is there something called "grace period" or "grace KMs" which you can put up without voiding the warranty? The last thing I want is to loose my warranty because I missed first service by 200-300KMs. Please note that servicing the car @ pune is not an option because of t

TIA
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I remember reading somewhere that there is a Grace period (both time and Kms). Not sure where i read...
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    200 to 300 Kms should not be a problem, if I am not wrong the grace period should somewhere around 1000KMs. They really do nothing much during the first service other then checking if everything is working as expected, enjoy the drive to Pune and give your ride for service after you return.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There is no official grace kms or time. However, the ASC is usually accommodating and honour the free service coupon for marginal ( ~200 - 300 kms / 1-2 weeks) delay and still enter the service details in the system. That said, more often than not, the EW provider rejects claims quoting this lapse. The first free service at 5000 kms is just a check involving noting more than a visual inspection and fluid top ups as required. So, getting it done anywhere in the country should be fine.

Rajan
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I remember reading on one of the threads that the EW provider rejected the claim of one of our members here stating that the grace period was around 2500 kms. Here is the thread, I am not sure if they have changed it.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

There is some official grace period but it is not documented anywhere, so it maybe as good as unofficial.

I did my 15k service at 15,6XX kms and dealer said it is within limits.
  8. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    There is no grace period, although one can have the SA write the odo reading below 5000/15000 kms on the job card. I did that on my second service.

The coupon will not expire even if you go 700-800 kms beyond the stipulated km mark as per the service chart but one would face a problem in the long run. For one, at the time of claiming warranty for any of the parts in the engine compartment.

@Flywheel. In no way can the grace period be around 2500 kms buddy.

Cheers

- - - Merged Post - - -

Why take chance and have it written less on the job card. Its not good practice, but if ever FIAT wants to reject your warranty claim, it can on the basis of the delay by you.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Firstly, it's not a delay.

And logically it is not possible for every other car to step into the service centre when the ODO reads 14999 kms.

There is a tolerance for the number of kms which is not documented specifically. < 1k kms should never be a problem.

There is a tolerance for the time period also. Like 15 days or so.

And IFF Fiat rejects any claim for me, I know what to do. :)
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The 2500 Km limit is mentioned by Europ Assistance(Extended warranty) not me :). Having said that, I think 200 to 300 Kms should really be no problem as I did give my old Punto MJD for service once with an excess of 1500 Kms ( it was a gap of 16500 kms between the two services) and did not have any problem with the warranty and the extended warranty I claimed after that.
    1 person likes this.