1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. syedzs

syedzs Timido

India
    Please do not use the bottle jack, I personally have a bad experience with it.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hydraulic jacks are easy and safe to use provided you do check them before using

1. Raise the jack and try pushing with your hand. If they go down then they are not to be used
    2. Keep a tab on the Hydraulic oil. In most cases the level of oil is the culprit and hence they are useless.
    3. Keep the jack clean and away from water.
    4. Do not use the jack more than the rated capacity. It is safe to get a jack with higher capacity than what you may need.

I have been using the jack from my Santro days and have found it useful.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Folks for your views. Seems pretty clear that the winner is the regular jack that came with the car kit.... cheers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not really the the non bottle type hydraulic jack lifts up the car at least 50% faster than the stock jack,and is very convenient to use.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Akshay, What is this Normal hydraulic jack ? Could you please elaborate on the shape and type of it....Thanx.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Here it is,i use one for my Linea,and its very convenient,i havent touched the stock jack ever.
    Hydraulic-Floor-Jack-JQW-4-JQW-4S-.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  7. How much did this cost Akshay.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This was purchased around 7 years back for 2K,now i think it can be purchased for 1500 bucks.
  9. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    O.K ..I get your point..thats the "Trolley" jack. . Yes trolley jacks seem much more convenient to use. ....thanks for the pics akshay.
  10. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Some quick update. After wheel balancing, I drove above 80KM. Did not find any vibrations. Will observe for few more days. Thanks all for your advice