1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

Re: Advice please

hi godhlur and shams, thanks for the replies , but :

1. well i have always serviced it from dealership..infact ISO 15k kms i go at 7.5k to get it checked.

2. no reduction in pick up nor any black smoke.

3. I drive with the Instant Consumption meter on..so i keep a chk on my style but i guess ill need to chk tht again...i usually shift into higher gears asap.

4. i thought may b fuel would be a reason n hence changed d fuel station this time...i hope thngs go well.

5. I guess a long drive is pending haha...usually im all in city.

- waise what average shud i get within Mumbai conditions?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    When was the fuel filter replaced last? This may be a case of bad fuel filter. I faced this issue and after the fuel filter replacement, the car was back to normal.
  3. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

ramjm..jst a three four months back in d 30k service i had replaced it all... tdy d car has rub 36k app.

4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

The mileage which you presently get indicates peak traffic driving while the earlier was I guess in somewhat non peak traffic times.

Had you recently gone into dusty environment?
  5. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

nope ..its all in city . no dusty areas..besides in city.. i travel in usual traffic not in chocoblok traffic

6. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

I completely agree with DRIV3R and its purely because of wheel balancing
  7. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is using hydraulic jack safe ( Bottle types specifically )

Hello Everyone.

Just wondering if buying a Hydraulic jack ( Bottle type) are safe to use . If they are really convenient too?

Because the the top of the jack on which we need to rest the car seems very very small in area.

Would it make it difficult to place it spot on the designated jacking point under the car.

Appears to be very unstable and ready to topple at any instant.

Kindly suggest if anyone has had some experience with these jacks

8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Normal Hydraulic jack,non bottle one,is a much better and convenient option.
  9. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    I found the the regular Jack, that comes with our cars, as appropriate and convenient to use. It is quite light and has appropriate space provided in our car's dicky.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

OT : my uncle (neighbor) who served in army and in his 70's now related the below : he used to own FIAT 1100 back in early 80's and he sold it after long use and went for M800. He retained his FIAT's jack and still has it with him... He swears by its quality of lift and once he helped a matador van on a highway to replace its flat tyre with this jack , off course by placing some stones and wood planks to provide proper reach. As per him screw lift is efficient and dependable as against hydraulic ones and he has driven army trucks and jeeps all his life and has used various special purpose jacks as well.