1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Only front two strut changrs will increase GC.there tfi'en by name Vithal who has done this check with him.
  2. mridhul

mridhul Timido

India
    Nice thread. Informative. I was under impression that its safe to give 30s idling to my car for 7km run (Office-home).
  3. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3

depends on what you want Jk tire or YOKO's . Mine rolls on yoko c-drive (10.5k per pair) ,also s-drive is there profile would b 205/60 R15 at approx 6k per piece

u can get goodyear gt3 at around 8k a pair (stock profile)
  4. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Steering vibrations sometimes above 80kmph (in 2 month old 90HP punto)

Hi All,

My 2 months old punto 90 HP has steering vibrations sometimes above 80KMPH. It has run around 2.4K km.
    Has anyone faced this? Please advice how to get this resolved.

Thanks
  5. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi,

I had this issue with my new Linea. Please get the wheel alignment done at a good place. It should be sorted out.

PS: I see that you are from B'lore. If you are in & around Rajajinagar, then the ceat shop next to Varier bakery is very good.
  6. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Wheel alignment/balancing or a bent alloys could be one of the reason. Other being a defective tyre, we faced a similar issue in our Wagon R and got the tyres replaced under warranty.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Steering vibrations sometimes above 80kmph (in 2 month old 90HP punto)

Alignment issue would never cause steering wheel vibrations.

If you get if at particular speed bands, it's wheel balancing issue. You may need to balance the wheel due to tyre wear, or a slightly bent alloy wheel.

If you get vibes when you brake, that is an other issue cause being the rotors/pads or hubs.
  8. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice. I stay in Rajarajeshwari Nagar. Need to find some place closer. How much does it cost? . Iam also thinking of taking it to service centre. It is bit far.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice. I dont get vibrations while braking
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I have had this issue in my GP, balancing and alloy wheel bents are the causes. Get them rectified or change the front alloys.
  10. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks Cubbie. Actualy dont know whether I should take the car to service centre which is very far and normaly will take away almost a day or near by tyre care shops. Iam facing such issues first time . someone please advice.