1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Is RC a must in long drives ?

Hi Folks,

I am planning for a trip next week (out of state) in my new T Jet. One thing that is worrying me a bit is that my RC is not available as yet. :( Will it create any sort of problem in the long drive ? Should I carry any substitute document ?

I would like to hear suggestions from the knowledgable people in this forum :-D.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Which state are you travelling into?

Technically, if you have the proper invoice and the insurance papers that should do. But, policemen at the border are unpredictable and you may land in some trouble. Recently, I was caught at the Goa-Karnataka border and the policemen asked RC, Insurance and the PUC documents. I did not have the PUC and then tried to extract as much money as possible. Make sure that you have all sorts of documents.
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Travelling to Karnataka
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You would have received a receipt from RTO that will work as RC till original RC is received
    1 person likes this.
  5. I had a bad experience at Hyderabad. I had all car's documents in photocopy. But still the policeman asked for original RC, and reasoning that you have to keep it in hand always and that too original.. especially out of state. (I don'tbuy that) Anyway that was just a reason to loot.. so had to flick a 100 rupee note.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I travelled 5 states at different point in time : Rajasthan, UP, Haryana, Maharashtra,Goa and Karnataka

Maharashtra and Karnataka police are more vigilant for outside state vehicles, likewise UP and Haryana.
    But UP and Haryana police are most corrupt of all states (personal opinion) and they don't let go of an opportunity to fleece monies if you are not carrying all docs in original !!

i have travelled to TN border from Mysore, they do check your vehicle for alcohol !!

if you are traveling with kids or elders it will serve as a boon in most circumstances.

best of luck for your travel and drive safe !
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    You must have all the papers [at least attested photocopies] in the car at all the times. It doesn't matter whether its long distance journey or short.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    If the car is registered with RTO they should be able to give an extract within a day even if the RC (smart card) is not ready.
    Once I lost my original RC and took an extract from RTO which was as good as RC and even worked for a insurance claim settlement.
  9. Prasad

Prasad Timido

Hyderabad
    Help - Punto 90hp abarth gear knob and GC kit

Hi Guys,

I have few questions, please help me.

..I wanted to change gear shift knob for Punto 90PS 2010 model..whats the price for Fiat one and Abarth one?
    Abarth gear shift knob available in Hyderabad? If yes whats its price and if possible Abarth gear shift knob pics plz.

..I planning to go with GC kit. whats the cost involved for this in Hyderabad and what are the advantages and disadvantages.

.. any one got user manual for Punto 90 PS 2010 model, if yes please share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Prasad
  10. Prasad

Prasad Timido

Hyderabad
    And forgot to add.. whats the app cost of 195/60 R15 tyres.